Flickering after alt-tabbing ATi 4870 512MB

Hello, am I the only one to endure the impossibility to alttab from the game to desktop, as that is causing the screen to start flickering uncontrollably and nothing helps to solve that? It is not only in the actual racing, but the menu is flickering too!

The configuration I am running - Vista 64 bit Home premium
Saphhire ATi Radeon 4870 firstgen 512 MB
latest drivers, steam updated, game updated.

As far as I know the game was flickering after alttab at all times in Race 07 and GTR Evo too,, no matter what patch or version I ran.

Any help appreciated.

• Andrew Evans

runwindowedrunwindowedrunwindowedrunwindowedrunwindowed

I had this issues too (ati 3850) till i discovered the reason by random. The flickering only happens if you force AA and/or Adaptive-AA in the driver over the CCC or ATT.
When you select the AA modes in the game-options and turn the driver to "let the application control the AA-Settings" you are fine.

/HTH

Like Andrew says. If i have multiple things to do while racing i always drive it in windows mode. Very handy for hotlapping etc You drive and you can check the site or setups while you remain in the game without having to alt-tab.

Hello, am I the only one to endure the impossibility to alttab from the game to desktop, as that is causing the screen to start flickering uncontrollably and nothing helps to solve that? It is not only in the actual racing, but the menu is flickering too!

The configuration I am running - Vista 64 bit Home premium
Saphhire ATi Radeon 4870 firstgen 512 MB
latest drivers, steam updated, game updated.

As far as I know the game was flickering after alttab at all times in Race 07 and GTR Evo too,, no matter what patch or version I ran.

Any help appreciated.

I have this. I have run Win7, Vista and XP, 64 and 32 bit versions and it only started to happen when I got a second 4870! one instal it never did it but the rest it did.

I dont know what the issue is at all. I would always alt tab, now I never do as the only why to cure it is to restart the game..

• Lars Eklund

Try to go into Chat in menu. Alt-Tab twice, so you come out to windows and into game again. Are the flicker gone then?

Edit:
It wasn't Chat, it was Quickchat presets, as it doesn't have any moving graphics..

//Lasse

Actually, I do not know why, but the flicker in fullscreen is gone. I did a couple of changes to the driver setup of my GPU, Installed, unistalled, reinstalled and again installed Motec-Add from Alekhine, went windowed mode and back, and suddenly the flicker is gone!

I do not know what step made it happen, but I suspect booting up with "disable driver signature enforcement" and disabling ATi Catalyst A.I. prolly did the trick...

Just for the record, Im Vista 64b and running Catalysts 9.2 (i think. The help says Ver 2009.0203.2228.40314)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%