rF2 Flat6 Series @ Croft Circuit - Friday 22nd January 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This was my first club race and I was the slowest car out there but it was lots of fun. I'll definitely be back for more.

I can't resist to raise my voice and say how glad I am to hear you say this. :thumbsup: Also giving me a reason to share some thoughts that's been on my mind for a while.

I've been racing on line since august -15 and I usually find myself at the back of the field more or less behind the majority of racers. It's still great fun, although it's often quite lonely back there.

Through the months I've been racing I've seen a number of racers that have entered the club races and been in the same range of pace as me. But I've also often seen them leave after one or a couple of races or even after half a race.

I mean, I know it will take a long time for me, if ever, to get a podium position with this competition. But to be part of it is also a great racing school, to race with and learn from the best. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and everyone is willing to share knowledge and experiences. So the club atmosphere is not something that should hold anyone back.

I guess for most of us it's not to win but the feel of driving a good mod on a good sim, to fight for position in a race (may it be P20, P10 or P1), to work on improving your skills and to be part of a community of people with a common interest, that makes us spend a huge amount of hours in front of a computer screen, holding on to a race car wheel that's attached to a desktop while your feet are working a stand alone pedal set on the apartment floor.

So, I would really like to encourage more racers who are not so experienced and not up to pace with the best to stay on so we more often could have some close racing also in the back field.

I hope this is not perceived as a complaint of any kind. That's surely not my intention. It's just some words about how I would like things to be. :)

I can't resist to raise my voice and say how glad I am to hear you say this. :thumbsup: Also giving me a reason to share some thoughts that's been on my mind for a while.

I've been racing on line since august -15 and I usually find myself at the back of the field more or less behind the majority of racers. It's still great fun, although it's often quite lonely back there.

Through the months I've been racing I've seen a number of racers that have entered the club races and been in the same range of pace as me. But I've also often seen them leave after one or a couple of races or even after half a race.

I mean, I know it will take a long time for me, if ever, to get a podium position with this competition. But to be part of it is also a great racing school, to race with and learn from the best. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and everyone is willing to share knowledge and experiences. So the club atmosphere is not something that should hold anyone back.

I guess for most of us it's not to win but the feel of driving a good mod on a good sim, to fight for position in a race (may it be P20, P10 or P1), to work on improving your skills and to be part of a community of people with a common interest, that makes us spend a huge amount of hours in front of a computer screen, holding on to a race car wheel that's attached to a desktop while your feet are working a stand alone pedal set on the apartment floor.

So, I would really like to encourage more racers who are not so experienced and not up to pace with the best to stay on so we more often could have some close racing also in the back field.

I hope this is not perceived as a complaint of any kind. That's surely not my intention. It's just some words about how I would like things to be. :)
great post.....i'm normally at the back like you but i'm not giving up !!

Yet another great evening of racing! :D

Unfortunately, the first was a bit of a disaster for me; I found myself going backwards rather than forwards (I could have made more progress putting the car in reverse)! :roflmao: I think a few last minute tweaks to my setup didn't help, and I was experiencing a bit of instability and understeer. Sorry @Theo van den Brink for the incident going in to the first corner; I couldn't slow the car down enough. Also apologies to @Joao Fernandes - hopefully I didn't unsettle your car too much when I bumped into you - and @Marc - I hope that I didn't squeeze you too much on the first lap (one minute you were in my mirrors and the next you were in my blind spot).

Thankfully my fortunes changed during the second race. In spite of a poor start - I kept the clutch engaged for too long off the line - I managed to keep my cool and found myself in a fantastic battle of wits with @Steve Le Gallez for the duration of the race. Neither of us wanted to push too hard and force ourselves into making mistakes. The racing was very patient, controlled and calculated. When I eventually made it past, after Steve did make an error going in to the first corner, he came back fighting and really piled on the pressure. For fear of catching a slide that would cause me to lose time and position, I was worried every time I entered a braking zone that I'd make a typical, silly mistake. However, I managed to keep my car on the black stuff and always facing the right direction, and the hard work really paid off with a 4th place finish! I was elated to say the least. I look forward to many more fights like this in the future Steve! ;)

Hopefully we'll see you all again for another exciting event next week! :)

Gotta say it was a great battle @Daiman Patel , makes it all worth while, Thanks Damian

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%