• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Flat spot for modding

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Sam Smith, May 18, 2017.

1. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    www.tinshedracing.com Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    Ok so it would seem the following lines need to be added to the cars HDV file to get flat spots working. I add the following under the [GENERAL] section.
    FeelerFlags=0
    FeelerOffset=(0,0,0.0660000000000001)
    FeelersAtCGHeight=1
    FlatspotHeadShake=0.02
    FlatspotForceFeedback=0.0001
    FlatspotMaximumRPS=50
    //FlatspotFFBSpeedFactor=1.0

You also need to add this to the TBC file. I place this under the [Compound] section.
    FlatspotEvaporation=14000.0
    MaxFlatspotSeverity=1500.0
    LoadThreshold=0.0
    TimeLockedThreshold=0.0
    PickupSpeedMultiplier=0.0002
    PickupLoadMultiplier=0.0004
    PickupTemperatureMultiplier=1.0
    DropoffSpeedMultiplier=0.00002
    DropoffLoadMultiplier=0.00006
    DropoffTemperatureMultiplier=0.5

These values are taken from the Patrick's Porsche
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any information regarding what each line does and what sort of values should be used for different sorts of cars and tires.
    Also what processes are needed to add the graphical tire pickup?
    Surely someone can just post a simple step by step process of what needs to be done.
    Cheers
    Sam

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +458
    These 2 are very self explanatory and the only ones I played with
    FlatspotEvaporation=14000.0
    MaxFlatspotSeverity=1500.0 (this is kind of linked to the FlatspotForceFeedback line in hdv)

The rest I have no idea how they work. But from my experiments I say let the original Reiza values found in mods by Patrick and it will work as it should. I tried some of this stuff in the EEC GT3 mod and had to roll it back to default after a while as it just did not work as expected with any change

3. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    www.tinshedracing.com Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    Thanks Will. I did notice that both the cart extreme and porsche mods had the same values so I was thinking that it's basically a generic middle ground.