1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Upgrades for online servers?

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by Jason Langendorfer, Mar 9, 2013.

1. First of all, I want to thank the guys at ORSM for creating this awesome mod (V8Factor). I started the online league Gone Broke Racing a couple years ago and we feature this mod as our premier series. Absolutely awesome!

We just finished up our 5th season and I'd like to change things up a bit for our upcoming one. I am trying to figure out a way to force fixed upgrades on the server side so it will only give the options for either soft tires or inters. For example, if we run 2 races back to back at Adelaide, I'd like to require soft tires for Race 1 and inters for Race 2.

When I check the box for forced upgrades on the server end and select the softs only upgrade for example in game, this does not translate to the folks who are joining the server.

Just curious if the experts know of a simple way to enforce this without making it too complicated and having to edit a bunch of config files and distribute among all of the drivers.

Appreciate any input as this has been driving me buggy the past week or so! Thanks.

2. Hi Jase.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been offline for a week or so.

I would say your issue probably stems from the fact that Adelaide is listed as being a Hard only track on the real series, and as such we replicate that in the files.

You won't be able to get the upgrades on the server to override that fact.

One options is you could create a new track on your server with a different name that doesn't match the list of tracks, and it should then allow both the soft and hard tyres (and hence make them selectable in the fixed options).

This means you would need to distribute that to your racers too.

in the SCN, you could modify the Adelaide11 to be AdelaideGBR

Adelaide11
    {
    Filter Properties = RoadCourse 2007 SRGrandPrix OWChallenge *
    Attrition = 30
    TrackName = Adelaide GBR
    EventName = Adelaide GBR// shows up in rFactor as the subfolder.
    GrandPrixName = Adelaide GBR//this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
    VenueName = Australia, Adelaide, GBR // shows up in rFactor as the main folder.
    Location = Adelaide GBR

But, as a courtesy, I would recommend sending a permission request to any track owner to make sure they know you are using their warez.

3. Thanks for the reply. No worries on the delay.
    What you suggested is exactly what I did a few days ago.
    We are going to run the actual V8SC schedule this season so it took a little time, but seems to be working. Will do some testing later in the week to make sure there are no issues.

I won't be distributing any of the modified tracks to anyone outside of GBR.
    I plan on using ORSMs latest version of Bathurst modded so softs and hards can both be used.
    Let me know if there are any issues doing this. I know the modders put in hours upon hours to make this stuff so we can all enjoy it.

Thanks again.

4. well, there is another way!!

It uses the Community Content as the basis for your league structure. This is why this was created in the first place.

All you do is create your league using teams from the community content section of the Mod. There are no track specific limitations on this section of the mod.

To build a Mod using the Community_Content section you:
    1. decide on the car you want and copy the VEH for that car (eg VE_01.veh for a holden)
    2. change the name of the file you have just copied (i.e. from Copy of VE_01.veh to VE_02.veh)
    3. go into the VE_02.veh file and change the first line to DefaultLivery="VE_02.dds"
    4. Go into the Team History and information and change the details to match the League driver
    5. If you chose to create and use a new rFM for you league, then update the Classes line to add the League filter to the VEH so it is picked up
    Then, all you need to do is place the VE_02.dds and VE_02Window.dds files in the same folder as the VEH file and it will work both for your league, and without Track specific tyres and gear ratios.

Let me know if you need more details. This will save you having to have several versions of tracks both on the server and on the league users installs. If it was 1 track I'd go the other way, but it seems a new Community Content based league would suit your needs better

Jase