Resource icon

Misc Fix repetitive ai going off-track 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Winner updated Fix repetitive ai going off-track with a new update entry:

improvement by using different parameter

This version uses another parameter so that ai timing will be least affected.
The parameter is <trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float="1.0" /> in the file ai_vehicle_config.xml.

As I have no time to test individual circuits, I used global setting in this mod, i.e. I changed the value to 0.9 as <trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float="0.9" />. It worked ok for all circuits when tested in vanilla game version. You may adjust the value accordingly. The lower the value, the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Winner updated Fix repetitive ai going off-track with a new update entry:

Improved ai timings for fixed circuits

This version uses the following parameters in ai_vehicle_config.xml:

<trackGlobalCurvatureModifier float="1.0" />
<trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float="1.0" />

e.g. for monaco, they are inserted as such using the values of 0.99 and 0.85:

<vehicle_type name="monaco">
<laDistMin float="10.000000" />
<trackGlobalCurvatureModifier float="0.99" />
<trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float="0.85" />

<cautiousBehaviour bool="true" />
</vehicle_type>

Fixed circuits...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hungary,Malaysia and Monaco are the culprits
Sorry I cannot find any problem when played in unmodded game.
You can try using the files in this mod as they are compatible with F1 2012 or make similar changes for ai_vehicle_config.xml in the ai folder. The files for monaco track to be replaced are ai_track.xml and ai_vehicle_track.xml in tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0 folder. Files in era_1988, era_1992 and era_2013 are not necessary.
If it work, you can include hungaroring in the file as mentioned in the latest update.

Sorry I cannot find any problem when played in unmodded game.
You can try using the files in this mod as they are compatible with F1 2012 or make similar changes for ai_vehicle_config.xml in the ai folder. The files for monaco track to be replaced are ai_track.xml and ai_vehicle_track.xml in tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0 folder. Files in era_1988, era_1992 and era_2013 are not necessary.
If it work, you can include hungaroring in the file as mentioned in the latest update.

Got it working in F1 2012, all sorted now! Cheers @Winner :)

Hi winner, with your latest update all tracks are fine except montreal, where the AI keep making a mistake at the final corner and the 2nd corner which makes the laptimes so slow even on legend, please help

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't have problem with this circuit. Perhaps you can edit the file ai_vehicle_config.xml in ai/era_2013 folder. For example, lower the value of <trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float from 0.85 to 0.80
<vehicle_type name="montreal">
<trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float="0.80" />
</vehicle_type>

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't have problem with this circuit. Perhaps you can edit the file ai_vehicle_config.xml in ai/era_2013 folder. For example, lower the value of <trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float from 0.85 to 0.80
<vehicle_type name="montreal">
<trackCurvatureDifficultyFactor float="0.80" />
</vehicle_type>

I tried it but still have the problem, can you please send me your ai files as well as your track files for canada which relates to my problem, thanks would be greatly appreciated

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%