Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina Revealed

Computer now have way more "imagination" than humans. I suggest you to watch "the incredible inventions of intuitive AI" on youtube. The reason why these cars look similar is because of aerodinamics. The laws of physic are always the same.
Yeah, let's make them all look like a water droplet or something. Who cares that cars used to be works of art or at least to have some identity, right?

I bet he's just being picky :) One can argue that in the 90's they started to get a bit same-ish and dull, but at least they were still cars. Come the new Millennium, and all the hell suddenly breaks loose.

Somebody needs to pull the trigger on cars before it's too late. The future is electric self-driving wagons that will first be very insistent on coming to a particular recharging station, then simply going there without asking you first, all the while showing ads every 10 minutes down your throat on the way to the station or anywhere else.
I was such an idiot for impatiently wanting to see what the XXI century looks like. Be careful what you wish for...
Well i for one think cars nowadays look better then ever, especially since the introduction of LED technology :) there are a few epic ones from 60s-90s, but the vast majority of cars of those times look ugly as hell.

Well, the very distant future will probably be purely electric/fuel cell based, but that's nothing we will live to see..by 2050 it will be a mix between LNG (mostly for trucks, bigger vehicles), CNG, petrol, diesel, hybrid with all of those, electric and hydrogen fuel cell in the major 1st world countries. Third world and emergent countries will work mainly petrol baised for quite a bit longer. Agree on the self-driving stuff though, especially in cities. Will probably be mandatory in the not too distant future due to safety reasons.

Yeah, let's make them all look like a water droplet or something. Who cares that cars used to be works of art or at least to have some identity, right?
That car is defined as "racing car with all the safety of a normal car", so i expect it to be efficient and to be efficient it has to follow some criteria. Cars of this kind can't have "a soul" as they used to (if they actually did in the past...). Speaking of works of art i'd be curious to know what's your thought about modern music compared to the old one and what you actually listen to at the moment. Things are changing, art is somehow disappearing from some areas and there's nothing we can do.

Well i for one think cars nowadays look better then ever, especially since the introduction of LED technology :) there are a few epic ones from 60s-90s, but the vast majority of cars of those times look ugly as hell.

Well, the very distant future will probably be purely electric/fuel cell based, but that's nothing we will live to see..by 2050 it will be a mix between LNG (mostly for trucks, bigger vehicles), CNG, petrol, diesel, hybrid with all of those, electric and hydrogen fuel cell in the major 1st world countries. Third world and emergent countries will work mainly petrol baised for quite a bit longer. Agree on the self-driving stuff though, especially in cities. Will probably be mandatory in the not too distant future due to safety reasons.
I'm too tempted to say at this point that appreciation of good cars (and other things for that matter) might indeed come with age :) Though I agree that neither exactly every single car of the previous century looked great, nor every single one of this century is absolutely dull and uninteresting... But in general, especially when it comes to supercars, the beginning of this century is a major letdown. In my personal opinion, at the very least :)

That car is defined as "racing car with all the safety of a normal car", so i expect it to be efficient and to be efficient it has to follow some criteria. Cars of this kind can't have "a soul" as they used to (if they actually did in the past...). Speaking of works of art i'd be curious to know what's your thought about modern music compared to the old one and what you actually listen to at the moment. Things are changing, art is somehow disappearing from some areas and there's nothing we can do.
If they can't come up with better designs, they should just stick to the proven ones. In fact, I'm greatly disappointed there's a lack of more companies like Singer out there, or that major manufacturers don't have divisions specialized on producing replicas of their own acclaimed classics.

Modern and old music alike can be all sorts of different, so I'd appreciate you being more specific on this question. Knowing what I'm currently listening to would not really amount to much :) Just ask about a particular genre or artist, and I might give you my opinion, depending on how well I'm familiar with either.

In my opinion, the disappearance of art should rather be attributed to the disappearance of artists from the respective areas. I wouldn't say that human creativity in whole is diminishing over time, but somehow something is not right. Maybe only a limited amount of works of art can be created in a particular area before it becomes overly saturated?

I'm too tempted to say at this point that appreciation of good cars (and other things for that matter) might indeed come with age :) Though I agree that neither exactly every single car of the previous century looked great, nor every single one of this century is absolutely dull and uninteresting... But in general, especially when it comes to supercars, the beginning of this century is a major letdown. In my personal opinion, at the very least :)
Since i am consulting my dad regarding his corporate fleet since my 18th birthday, and the rest of my greater family as well, i guess i have some appreciation about good cars although not being particularly old myself. I'd rather say taste is age related, and is mostly formed during coming of age, you can see that regarding cars, clothes, music and other things. Most people (exception confirms the rule) are deeming the music, the cars, the style, clothes etc as "good" they were used to when "growing up" (meaning until hitting their 30s), i experienced this with people of all ages, being it my 96 year old grandma, my 9 year old half-brother, or everyone in between. Cultivating a destinct taste for things seems to stop in the 30s :roflmao:
Well, you made your taste clear i guess, and fair enough. Good thing that people have different tastes, otherwise the world would look and be quite boring :)
I think there were nice supercars around since the 70s, and still are. But what really took off in my opinion are the "normal" cars like sedans, middle class cars, coupes, or even some compact cars. Most of them looked like ****, boring as hell until a few years ago. But lately cars like the Alfa Giulia (QV), BMW 4er, Mercedes C-Class Coupe (just some examples) etc really managed it to look exciting, despite being your everyday sedan..i think there was a huge leap forward. When it comes to sports cars, i definitely think cars like the Lamborghini Aventador or Ferrari 488 GTB induce a lot more excitement then let's say the Ferrari F355 or Lamborghini Countach, just to name cars from the same companies. All my personal opinion of course :) and i think this Fittipaldi thingy looks great for such a "racey" car. Not quite Pagani level, but definitely looking better then the "holy trinity" or the (dead ugly if you ask me) Bugattis.
I also very much like the current trend to bring modern version of legendary cars,
like the new Ford GT
ford-gt-2015-live-geneva-4.jpg

or the new Renault Alpina
19434dd0e4c03fb505868c9f9bd9b772.jpg

which clearly still have the destinct features of the classics, but looking modern, and brilliant :)

Last edited:
Since i am consulting my dad regarding his corporate fleet since my 18th birthday, and the rest of my greater family as well, i guess i have some appreciation about good cars although not being particularly old myself. I'd rather say taste is age related, and is mostly formed during coming of age, you can see that regarding cars, clothes, music and other things. Most people (exception confirms the rule) are deeming the music, the cars, the style, clothes etc as "good" they were used to when "growing up" (meaning until hitting their 30s), i experienced this with people of all ages, being it my 96 year old grandma, my 9 year old half-brother, or everyone in between. Cultivating a destinct taste for things seems to stop in the 30s :roflmao:
Well, that's an interesting hypothesis :) In my case, however, I used to like everything unusual and futuristic-looking. I'm absolutely positive I'd love current super- and hypercars too, should I encounter them back then :)
Then, closing in on my 30's I started to have enough of that, and developed a taste for more classic cars. And I'm quite unsure if this process has stopped now, but it continued well into my 30's, at least.

Well, you made your taste clear i guess, and fair enough. Good thing that people have different tastes, otherwise the world would look and be quite boring :)
To be honest, in my view it pretty much is :) As I said, I already regretted more than once wanting to have a glance of the future so desperately :) Nothing to see here, sadly...

I think there were nice supercars around since the 70s, and still are. But what really took off in my opinion are the "normal" cars like sedans, middle class cars, coupes, or even some compact cars. Most of them looked like ****, boring as hell until a few years ago.
With the "normal" cars a few years ago everything started to look relatively bright. But the time-frame from around 2000 almost all the way up to 2015 was an absolute hell, in my opinion.

But lately cars like the Alfa Giulia (QV), BMW 4er, Mercedes C-Class Coupe (just some examples) etc really managed it to look exciting, despite being your everyday sedan.
Your definition of an everyday saloon car is quite a stretch :) Other than that, I can agree at least with that adding the 4th series to the Bavarian company's lineup was a step forward. As for the C-Klasse... Well, apart from W203, I can barely name any other chassis looking nice. W204 is not too bad, but definitely not exciting.

When it comes to sports cars, i definitely think cars like the Lamborghini Aventador or Ferrari 488 GTB induce a lot more excitement then let's say the Ferrari F355 or Lamborghini Countach, just to name cars from the same companies. All my personal opinion of course :)
I can't believe you are saying that :) Seriously, F355 is one of the finest looking Ferrari cars there is. The most elegant, at the very least. Maybe not too pretentious and is dangerously close to Japanese cars of the era, but I really liked the looks of it back in the day and I like it still. The Countach is another story, though. Still, I would take it any day over any of the newer ones with the exception of maybe some of the Diablos and Gallardos :)

and i think this Fittipaldi thingy looks great for such a "racey" car. Not quite Pagani level
A-ha! :) Though you probably mean the ones coming after the Cinque anyway...

but definitely looking better then the "holy trinity" or the (dead ugly if you ask me) Bugattis.
Finally, an agreement :)

I also very much like the current trend to bring modern version of legendary cars,
like the new Ford GT
ford-gt-2015-live-geneva-4.jpg

or the new Renault Alpina
19434dd0e4c03fb505868c9f9bd9b772.jpg

which clearly still have the destinct features of the classics, but looking modern, and brilliant :)
Well... I would rather prefer them simply reissuing the old cars all over again without adding random lines and weird swells to what once was a good-looking car :)

Speaking of modern Astons... I don't follow new cars a lot, as you could probably notice :) I follow the futuristic hypercar type even less. However... I just noticed there's certain "Vulcan" made by Aston Martin. Surprisingly, I must admit I really like the shape, even though it's a bit too futuristic and borderline sterile. I'm relieved that at least AM can still produce distinctive bodies up to this day. Not a fan of what can be seen inside, though, but clearly enough, it's not meant for touring.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%