Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina 2.jpg

Double Formula One World Champion Emmerson Fittipaldi and Italian design house Pininfarina have finally revealed the new Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina at the Geneva Motor Show.

The car, a brainchild of Brazilian racing legend Emmerson Fittipaldi, will be a small production supercar aimed to provide the exhilaration of driving a thoroughbred racing vehicle whist offering all the safety of modern road driving. Fittipaldi himself will be on hand to offer driving tuition for those lucky enough to own one of these exotic vehicles, and those without unlimited funds will be able to sample the machine themselves as it will be making a virtual appearance in the upcoming PlayStation 4 racing game Gran Turismo Sport.

“I have tried for years to explain to others what it truly feels like to be behind the steering wheel of a championship racecar. There is adrenaline and elation all rolled into an awe-inspiring inner fulfillment that leaves you craving for more. This is what our dream team created in the EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina” said Emerson Fittipaldi at Geneva International Motor Show.
The car has been designed and build as a join effort between the Fittipaldi Motors team, Pininfarina and racing constructors HWA. No detailed technical specifications are available at present, however it is known that the road car will feature a carbon fibre monocoque and body, bringing the car in at an incredibly lightweight 1000kgs. Bolted on to the Pininfarina designed machine will be a Fittipaldi designed V8 normally aspirated engine capable of producing over 600hp, coupled together with a bespoke gearbox to ensure "seamless" integration.

“Owner-drivers can expect reliability, lower maintenance cost and minimal mechanic and tech teams - which means more time and elation on the track,” added Fittipaldi.​

As part of the reveal video of the new car we can already see the EF7 on track in the yet to be released Gran Turismo Sport game, so it looks like the virtual equivalent is at least running and working as it should prior to full release:
Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo Sport Shot.jpg
Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo Sport Shot 3.jpg

Much like the real car, no release details have been made available for GT Sport of the EF7, however Fittipaldi has confirmed production will run to a limited 39 examples of the supercar, which is considerably less that the number expected to ship when GT Sport launches hopefully at some stage this year....

Gran Turismo Sport is due to release on PlayStation 4 during 2017. No exact release date has been revealed as yet.

Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina 1.jpg
Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo a.jpg
Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo b.jpg

If you want to know more about the Gran Turismo series of games then head on over to the Gran Turismo Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Here you can take in the latest news, join up with our community members to discuss the games and get together for some quality organised racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment!

What do you think of the new car? Looking forward to trying it in GT Sport? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Damn, this thing is ugly... looks like they got parts of the Aston's Vulcan and Valkyrie plus a bunch of other cars and just throw them together...

the nose look like a ugly sister of a 60s Corvette and the rear like the ugly sister of a Regera... Plain ugly in every corner...
At least compared to most if the other VGT it looks like a car that could be real...

Why all the "supercars" look the same, anyway? I can't help it but yawn when I see one. That kind of looks was more or less considered fresh and interesting in the 90's. Time to think up something new, maybe? Or better yet, just go to the roots and start making the last century cars anew up to and including the 90's (but not the prototypes from that time I mentioned).

Why all the "supercars" look the same, anyway? I can't help it but yawn when I see one. That kind of looks was more or less considered fresh and interesting in the 90's. Time to think up something new, maybe? Or better yet, just go to the roots and start making the last century cars anew up to and including the 90's (but not the prototypes from that time I mentioned).
The Valkyrie is pretty revolutionary, the car seems to be floating in the air... I really like it.

The Valkyrie is pretty revolutionary, the car seems to be floating in the air... I really like it.
I have no idea how you can call that revolutionary... Maybe something on the inside, but it looks like every car manufacturer adds something "revolutionary" to their cars every year now in that regard anyway. As far as the looks go, no, thank you. Would exchange for some classics any time of day. For some classics from AM themselves in particular.

They all look the same I guess as they are designed by computers, and computers have little imagination :) all about smooth air and all that stuff that computers like...

"Nowadays all the cars look the same" is probably what humans always told since Carl Benz built his first one.
"All Chinese look the same, "all techhouse tunes sound the same", "all vodkas taste the same", bla bla..nothing else then conditioning and how much you accustom yourself with things..in my opinion cars look nothing alike currently. The only common denominator is the rough shape which is pretty much set due to aerodynamics.

"Nowadays all the cars look the same" is probably what humans always told since Carl Benz built his first one.
"All Chinese look the same, "all techhouse tunes sound the same", "all vodkas taste the same", bla bla..nothing else then conditioning and how much you accustom yourself with things..in my opinion cars look nothing alike currently. The only common denominator is the rough shape which is pretty much set due to aerodynamics.
Except that prior to whereabouts of 2000+ I didn't really have the thought.

They all look the same I guess as they are designed by computers, and computers have little imagination :) all about smooth air and all that stuff that computers like...
Computer now have way more "imagination" than humans. I suggest you to watch "the incredible inventions of intuitive AI" on youtube. The reason why these cars look similar is because of aerodinamics. The laws of physic are always the same.

Would be cooler if they had done Copersucar replicas instead of this mashup of a McLaren-Ford GT-Aston Martin Vulkan. The Copersucar F1 still looks great to this day.

262712bd4ffda558f7c0943035aca316.jpg

That's why i said it's conditioning. Probably age related. My dad used to say the same about "prior 80s+"...
I bet he's just being picky :) One can argue that in the 90's they started to get a bit same-ish and dull, but at least they were still cars. Come the new Millennium, and all the hell suddenly breaks loose.

Somebody needs to pull the trigger on cars before it's too late. The future is electric self-driving wagons that will first be very insistent on coming to a particular recharging station, then simply going there without asking you first, all the while showing ads every 10 minutes down your throat on the way to the station or anywhere else.
I was such an idiot for impatiently wanting to see what the XXI century looks like. Be careful what you wish for...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back