[First try] 1991 Honda CRX (juiced 2 model)

interior preview test
interiorcrx.png

its nothing special but helps to see a possible final result:D:D
Steering wheel is from AMGfan, not me,mine isn't ready, yet it seems to look good with AMGfan's one ;)

Nicely done interior!!
well i was afraid it looked bad because new interiors like Forza models relly less on textures and have higher poly counts but im hoping it will look better with the cg applied, i think juiced2 models aged very well and are still usable for good results
Thanks Boomer
well this is our current state:
- remade the brakes, they need new position
- found a better car ini base as you told me previously
- domo kun as a bug, doest appear when windshield is on ( i will fix it, it seems to be a texture problem)
- wheel is done, just needs scaling
- Honda in my country sold the crx with with white "central corners" so i made new ones to acomodate that
- Exhaust, well juiced base is done, but here in portugal they sold another type of exhaust, im gonna try so talk to somebody that owns a crx to see the diference
-suspension needs positioning too but its finished "visually"
-toyo tyres are done, needs scale
- crx rim done, needs scale
-interior material RED needs fixing
-Honda logo done

cg is on stand by until material fix ;)but it will be done!

crxperto.png

actual picture:D:D its not much but it will have to do

edit: almost forgot, i had to fix the bumper because the exhaust and bumper were misplaced by someone, they came with it on the right side of the car and this one was on the left side
-left steering wheel right exhaust

well guys i really need help on this one, domo is done but if you turn glasses on, domo doesn't show when seeing through the glass but i know its there, can someone give me help with this one?​
EDIT: solved, it seems to be a Zmod small but, now i can get it to appear in game, will continue the material fix later​

News update:
- inserted a Kenwood radio by DK japan
- trying to give the interior a new look
- new Tyre model (final one)
im gonna try post pictures soon
found the actual exhaust on a forza model from Riva, gonna extract it to make it look more real

crxupdate.png

still adapting the undercarriage but im my opinion seems to be promising.
the idea is to get the under looking like this:
10.jpg

5.jpg

which is the actual PT crx but without that exhaust tip

+ 1 job Pedro ! :)

To recenter, there's a function called center pivot or something like that, you just need before to regroup all your wheels objects (tyre, tread, wheel, brake..) & execute that function first. Then, you enable your 'grid snap' & move the group to the center easily. Make sure the group is selected & not one of its objects.

Just a question, what about your UVs ?
Let me know, if you need some advices on projections techniques ; the job is quickly done, if you use according UV specific functions !

:D thanks Quad, well the truth is that i only placed it more or less and did a small re-size on it, im still using the Zmod, i starting to think i need to progress to blender or something more "capable" but i will take a deep look at zmod functions, i think i know what you mean

i'm still learning so, by UV i think you mean remapping right?? well i haven't touch it so far, the car as lots of unused materials someone originally made so i only fixed 5 or 6 if i recall, but i planed on starting that soon because i went to see a real CRX and the juiced 2 rear lights don't real at all so question is, use the forza 3 rear light adapted to juiced 2 chassis, or use only the center part that says CRX in the juiced 2 model as well.
:confused:so i don't know how to use them, at least well, i think im using the functions that some parts already have or am i wrong?
:Dit will be appreciated, thanks Quad

...i planed on starting that soon because i went to see a real CRX and the juiced 2 rear lights don't real at all so question is, use the forza 3 rear light adapted to juiced 2 chassis, or use only the center part that says CRX in the juiced 2 model as well.

:confused:so i don't know how to use them, at least well, i think im using the functions that some parts already have or am i wrong?

:Dit will be appreciated, thanks Quad

Had the same 'dilemma' some days ago when converting the Silvia S15 SpecR from FM3, where I didn't liked the rear lights at all, so I adapted another model from another game, now it looks perfect. To do so, I filtered/deleted everything except the lights, repositioned them correctly & finally done 1 extrusion to them, to give them some depth. Some vertices were also tweaked. Doing such job, I usually just work on 1 side & duplicate the model to the other side when I'm satisfied. I also check UV mapping to see, if the textures are correctly 'layout/unfold' (typical UV functions), the material name as well + the smoothing of the meshes. I tend to 'camera project' my UVs, that just means I'm trying to align my camera to the orthogonal vector/normals vector of all selected faces & project my UVs from this camera view.

Ah yes, the material names of the 4 lights models (1 light original + the other 3) can be the same when you export your car, then in Modeler, you can edit the material name for the 3 lights models as lights_on, lights_brake & lights_reverse, something like this. If you follow in the future, the same structure, then you might easily reuse your car.shd file without really changing anything. For example, I name some objects material 'carbon' which uses the texture in the my textures folder & is always the same texture across all my cars with the same material name.

The material renaming & cleaning is important, because you will have some massive Qlog errors later, if you don't do it. You might check, if a function exists which deletes 'unused shaders/materials' ; in Maya, I use it a lot, prior of exporting. Unfortunately, Modeler doesn't clean unused materials which could be useful for us, I hope the king's listening !

About lights, 1 way is to duplicate 3x the lights & from there, delete the faces for the according lights model. So, for the brake lights, you just keep the brake lights, etc. do the same for 'reverse lights' & 'lights on'. I normally offset them approx. -+ 0.002 (-+Y axis) for the 'lights on' & +0.005 (+Y axis) accordingly for the brakes & reverse lights. The 4th model of lights (the original one) which is the one which gets not lighten up, stays intact. If not doing so, you might see some 'interpenetration/flickering' of meshes/textures when lights are triggered.

Keep it going, you're on the right path !

=====================================
My finished work

3840 x 1024 pixels
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/341/silvias1501.jpg

Thanks for the help Quad, i'm still reading/digesting your post because this is all new for , your work looks real good, love the rear lights glass effect. from what you explained my i deduced the first step is to leave Zmodeler, its doesn't get close to any of that, i m having problems just to load the car, too much parts. so from what you say i'm gonna redo all material, the car is a mess from that perspective. About the UV im gonna have to read your post several times because i didn't need to use the uv mapping until now. because i found this error on the car, so i have to redo everything myself:
kdd.png

so i have to possible roots, start the CRX base chassis again which seems to be a good idea (lots of work) or delete that interior and insert a new one

Dealing with FM3 cars, I usually export the filtered LOD1 body (just 1 bodykit) + LOD0 cockpit ( i.e. with no glass because already found in LOD1 body) which are perfectly aligned together. Not aligning from the beginning is hardcore, because you need to check every vertex between the front glass + the body mesh to make it look good for the driver camera view, i.e.

It really depends on the level of quality you want to achieve...in the end, we can see every little detail from our ingame cameras, so doing the job right from the 1st time is the best. I admit, it takes some good practice that comes with time, the more you convert cars.

If you want, I can help, just PM me the car in .obj format & I'll do the remaining 3D job which is quite technical & mechanical !

hello again Quad, well i can send you what i have with errors and i can send you the file which as the actual chassis to be redone, about quality i wanted to make something that looks real, so e decided to use a juiced 2 chassis which i love the model by the way, and make it more real by using lights and undercarriage from forza which look very very realistic to me, as for the interior i decided to use the juiced one although plastic textures are a bit bad.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%