F1 2013 First time playing

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
It's my first time playing a F1 game and I have it on pc ( instead of consoles which I'm used too )

I find the AI quite hard on the easiest difficulty which granted this is a simulation so it's meant to be hard to an extent

also i have the braking assist on, so when i approach a corner i slow down to stupid speeds the cars behind actually catch up which sucks because they too go at corners slow.

Is this option more a hindrance than helpful to players?

Not sure if i posted this in right section but I'd love to hear any tips for a newbie based on the above.

It's probably because I just suck :D

It's definitely a hindrance.

Of all the driving aids, this is the worst one. I can understand people using the other ones, after all we all have our own level to find, but the auto-brake teaches you nothing and slows you down way too early.

The 3D track guide, the racing line, is much better than the auto-brake, as it provides a reasonable colour cue on when to brake, if your approach to a corner is too high.

Cheers :)

If you are using the racing line, at least it will turn amber when your approach speed is a bit high, and red if that speed is very high, and you won't make the turn

Once it turns amber, start braking ........ at least that's how I remember it from F1 2010.

I personally don't like the racing line, I prefer doing test laps, maybe in TT mode, or even better in free practice for a GP, just keep restarting the session for extra time and new tyres.

Then just keep circulating, getting to know the track, building up speed over time, so that you can get clean laps, and a consistent times. Use the distance markers at the side of the track, or a piece of scenery by the track, to judge the braking point.

You will be surprised how quickly you will pick it up, and it becomes much more natural.

You'll soon be able to drive any track in your head, great for watching a real Grand Prix. :)

Also try some setups from the RD F1 2013 setup section. A really good setup will speed up your development.
I was downright awful (slow) in practice for China, finally gave in and tried a setup not of my own doing, tweaked it and BAM!...2 secs quicker!! I looked at some of the settings before exiting pits and thought no way will this work.....but it did :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%