First Sight of New Assetto Corsa Cars Coming 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Toyota LMP1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni, via Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto, have revealed several exciting renders showing off several new cars to be added to Assetto Corsa in the next year.

With several exciting licences due to deliver a raft of new cars to Assetto Corsa during 2017, Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to show off a range of renders from the work in progress machines.

With some cars such as the Audi Quattro and Mazda 787B already well known and anticipated by fans of the sim, it is perhaps the more surprising early sight of the legendary Toyota and Audi LPM 1 machines plus the iconic Toyota Celica World Rally Championship car that will draw most attention from the recent post by Massarutto. All the renders revealed on Facebook show the usual Assetto Corsa attention to detail, and each machine should make an incredible addition to the simulation.

At this stage no release date is known for any of the content show with the exception of the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR, with should be included as a free item for owners of the third Porsche DLC instalment some time during February.

The cars revealed so far include:
  • Mazda 787B
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid
  • Audi R18 eTron
  • Porsche 991 GT3 RSR
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Audi Quattro Group B car
  • Audi Sport TT RS
  • Mazda Miata
  • Lotus 3-11
  • Toyota Celica WRC

With this unexpected reveal from Massarutto it looks like fans of Assetto Corsa have plenty to look forward to in the coming months.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Additional DLC can be downloaded across all platforms adding a variety of additional cars and tracks.

Assetto Corsa Audi LMP1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Mazda 787B.jpg
Assetto Corsa Porsche RSR.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum is a great place to get involved with your fellow community members and discuss the game. Here at RaceDepartment we have a wonderful Racing Club that hosts regular races and league events, plus you can add a wealth of additional content via our modding downloads archive and catch up on the latest news with regards to the sim.

Assetto Corsa Audi Quattro.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi R8.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi TT Cup.jpg Assetto Corsa Lotus Evora.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda Miata.jpg Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica.jpg

Looking forward to the new content coming to Assetto Corsa? Which car do you most look forward to getting behind the wheel of? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
They don't market them (with the exception of the Sauber IIRC) as LM cars though, and your average motorsport fan isn't going to be able to see the difference anyway (the kits are of course different but typically still look pretty similar to each other). Obviously there's no bad intent for licensing the LM versions on Kunos' part, but if what they want is publicity they should at least market the cars as Le Mans participants.

And Gergo, it's not LM-spec vs no-spec, it's LM-spec vs Sprint-spec (i.e. What the cars are generally like for 6-7/9 world championship races).

How much is involved in the setup? Most cars have a very conservative setup, and getting the right rake, ride height, heave rate, etc is worth seconds per lap.

And Gergo, it's not LM-spec vs no-spec, it's LM-spec vs Sprint-spec (i.e. What the cars are generally like for 6-7/9 world championship races).

I meant what Tobi said, if the licence offers the LM-spec vs. no car at all, the car won't be left out just for a principle that most people don't care about. That said, this is a topic we keep discussing internally, if there was a better solution, you'd have seen it by now (or will in the future).

Also Spa is usually where teams introduce their low-df package, so technically there are still tracks that are more or less suited. (Plus if you wanna be really anal about it, there are usually three versions, high-df, low-df and LM).

In addition, contrary to popular belief, the teams do care how their cars are depicted so by default we cannot just cheat them by implementing multiple versions of the same model under the assumption that they are not looking. LM-spec is priority because that's what manufacturers deem important from a heritage point of view, period. The inclusion of Le Mans circuit itself is a completely different question, I believe Marco talked about that in Stefano's stream. The correlation of the two is unfortunate but I don't believe that it'd result in show-stopping incompatibility.

I don't understand the complaints.
When a studio has agreed to a licensing deal with a major car manufacturer, sticks to a very high level of simulation of a real car and has only the opportunity to simulate a certain car in it's Le Mans aero configuration there is no malicious thinking in creating that car in its LM configuration for the software.

It is not that the studio can pick and choose which car in which configuration they will get a deal for.
Often times the only available original car for scanning, inspection and replicating IS in fact in Le Mans configuration (these are now highly collectible relics and most of them are not easily reconfigured just because someone may come around and take them as a template to create a racing sim model.

Also some influence surely lies within the car manufacturer making the license deal to rather have a certain model that had major racing pedigree with its low drag aero package over a more suitable model as the racing sim it is developed for does not offer an official Le Mans track.

Please get a grip people - this is not "Wünsch Dir was!". We are so lucky to have these realistic car simulations as they are.

Watch the Chris Harris on cars video where he is allowed to run a Porsche 962 on the Weissach test track and has a very nice interview with Norbert Singer.
Would you imagine he would complain to Porsche why they wouldn't supply him with a high downforce Porsche 962 with short transmission gearing because the Weissach track is so twisty and he is coming over to make a video after all ;-)

There is a pretty solid Circuit de la Sarthe mod track available for Assetto Corsa here on RD.

you don't seem to get the point, we don't need LM variants if we don't have Le Mans.
No fully agree with that because LM cars run on track like Silverstone or Spa already on this game (real WEC tracks) but you're right with 3 LMP1 manufacturer: we need a real Circuit of Le Mans (Tiago one is fun but track elevations are bad).

If all 3 LMP1s are Le Mans spec, then that's fine. What you don't want is varying spec, otherwise one car will always win on certain tracks.

If they're all Le Mans spec then it's fine. It's not like the 919 feels awful in the corners is it?

^
That's a very good point.

This to me is kunos decision. Reason that Marco doesn't want to clarify.

Maybe for cost reasons they debated LM or non-LM version. Picked that felt more iconic.

Still adding S2 version like they did with 458 Italia could work.

I really doubt Porsche told them non-LM would only be allowed if new model was done can't be just physics.

I'm curious how Kunos will respond to GTR3 and Project Cars 2. AC is a good sim but it could get left behind quickly, if something is not in the works.
Selling Kunos, pCars2 announced for the end of the year, GTR3 coming in 2018, yeah, seems like Kunos is going away, unless they deliver the basic features we've been asking for.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 420 16.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 324 12.8%