First Sight of New Assetto Corsa Cars Coming 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Toyota LMP1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni, via Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto, have revealed several exciting renders showing off several new cars to be added to Assetto Corsa in the next year.

With several exciting licences due to deliver a raft of new cars to Assetto Corsa during 2017, Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to show off a range of renders from the work in progress machines.

With some cars such as the Audi Quattro and Mazda 787B already well known and anticipated by fans of the sim, it is perhaps the more surprising early sight of the legendary Toyota and Audi LPM 1 machines plus the iconic Toyota Celica World Rally Championship car that will draw most attention from the recent post by Massarutto. All the renders revealed on Facebook show the usual Assetto Corsa attention to detail, and each machine should make an incredible addition to the simulation.

At this stage no release date is known for any of the content show with the exception of the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR, with should be included as a free item for owners of the third Porsche DLC instalment some time during February.

The cars revealed so far include:
  • Mazda 787B
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid
  • Audi R18 eTron
  • Porsche 991 GT3 RSR
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Audi Quattro Group B car
  • Audi Sport TT RS
  • Mazda Miata
  • Lotus 3-11
  • Toyota Celica WRC

With this unexpected reveal from Massarutto it looks like fans of Assetto Corsa have plenty to look forward to in the coming months.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Additional DLC can be downloaded across all platforms adding a variety of additional cars and tracks.

Assetto Corsa Audi LMP1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Mazda 787B.jpg
Assetto Corsa Porsche RSR.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum is a great place to get involved with your fellow community members and discuss the game. Here at RaceDepartment we have a wonderful Racing Club that hosts regular races and league events, plus you can add a wealth of additional content via our modding downloads archive and catch up on the latest news with regards to the sim.

Assetto Corsa Audi Quattro.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi R8.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi TT Cup.jpg Assetto Corsa Lotus Evora.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda Miata.jpg Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica.jpg

Looking forward to the new content coming to Assetto Corsa? Which car do you most look forward to getting behind the wheel of? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
With Le Mans aero package all those prototypes still all have amounts of downforce between the GT3/E and modern F1 cars. "Pretty useless at most tracks" isn't true at all.
It's completely relative. Besides the fact that Kunos cars have less DF than real life in their current config, the LM setup downforce for these cars in real life is down by more than 30% compared to their HDF counterparts...they're completely different cars to drive.

Come on, surely it's deliberate and not something beyond our control.
Also "useless" in my book would be if they were released without wheels, but that's hardly the case. Yes, it is not necessarily the ideal scenario but it doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying LMP1 cars with our current line of content, I don't know why you like to suggest that.
I have not suggested that...but people enjoy very sub-par mods regularly, so using that as an argument for why the cars are all LM config isn't very telling.

I believe the manufacturers tell them which versions to use. IIRC Aris said that at some point.
I believe he said that in regards to the Sauber, yes...but you'll note that in other games/sims (e.g. the R18s in Real Racing 3), the cars are in their "Sprint" configurations.

The Porsche 919 2015 in AC does the same laptimes at Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring as in the 2015 WEC season. (The other tracks are le mans, cota, fuji, shangai, bahrain).
For the 2016 car, in RSR Livetiming at Spa it was a bit faster than real life and at Silverstone, also according to RSR leaderboards, this time real lap time was a bit faster than in sim. And still same season, for Nurburgring GP (GT) does the same lap times as in real life.
As mentioned, it produces too little DF for what I've seen of LM-spec LMP1s but has tires that have ridiculous load sensitivity, so cornering speeds are potentially higher than real life. But for the 2015 car, if I remember correctly, Porsche ran their LM package at Silverstone and Spa to prepare for Le Mans...In 2016 it debuted at Spa. Also note that the current Kunos system doesn't take track length into account for the Hybrid power, so the AC cars have too much electricity per lap available compared to real life.

As mentioned, it produces too little DF for what I've seen of LM-spec LMP1s but has tires that have ridiculous load sensitivity, so cornering speeds are potentially higher than real life. But for the 2015 car, if I remember correctly, Porsche ran their LM package at Silverstone and Spa to prepare for Le Mans...In 2016 it debuted at Spa. Also note that the current Kunos system doesn't take track length into account for the Hybrid power, so the AC cars have too much electricity per lap available compared to real life.
Are the devs aware of these three points you mentioned, for the porsche 919?
That in their LM spec 1) downforce too low, 2) too high tires load sensitivity, and 3) track length not taken in account for the energy available per lap (instead is a standard amount of energy for every track; idk if they could make this 3rd point an automatic system, for electricity available per lap based on track's length).

Are the devs aware of these three points you mentioned, for the porsche 919?
That in their LM spec 1) downforce too low, 2) too high tires load sensitivity, and 3) track length not taken in account for the energy available per lap (instead is a standard amount of energy for every track; idk if they could make this 3rd point an automatic system, for electricity available per lap based on track's length).
The tire issue is for almost every car in AC so that's not really going to change....real tires drop off a lot more with load....not sure if they know about the downforce issue (there are others involving the suspension geo as well), but there was a thread on the official forum about the energy recovery system.

Whatever. Almost makes me hope they only implement low downforce configurations from now on just to plss off those that say the cars are undriveable and useless. I'd like them to release the cars with several different aero packages myself but I'm still able to enjoy the cars as is particularly because they are fun to drive. And where are those threads in the official support forum backed up with some hard data where you're talking about those aero and load sensitivity issues? If all you do is complaining about the content and sim then just don't buy the content and don't use the cars you receive for free, no one forces you.

The Ferrari is just part of the DLC been made to mark 75 years of Ferrari this year , Free if they are feeling kind , but I think payed for, but we should see some nice Ferrari's arriving this year or at least the major Classic's from over 75 years.

Alright well, I'm just saying, not trying to start an argument or saying he's entirely wrong. Why not make a thread where you lay out your findings, critique the dev's work, make suggestions on what to improve and have a proper discussion about it with the devs (if I missed it you're free to point me to it). If that's too hard but expressing your strong opinion about it elsewhere is so easy then don't be surprised about me making a post about that.

I've had a look at this news a couple of times now today.
Every time I am asking myself which of the cars I am most excited about.

Sad conclusion is basically: none.

And I don't mean that in a particularly negative way in fact.
It just sort of feels like with the stunning Porsche DLCs we kind of peaked the climax of motorsport history.
[Admittedly this might be a biased German pov :roflmao::p]

2 more LMPs, 1 more Group C, another GT3. Nothing really new there that we haven't tried yet. Not sure if the rallye cars will give me a kick personally. Not really a rallye fan since the FIA killed of the action there in the early 2000s.

So all in all, I am looking forward to each and every one of the teased cars, no doubt, I just don't feel the same excitement that I used to feel. :unsure:

Though I can't wait for those 3-way LMP1 battles to come. :inlove:

That is Celica GT4 TS185 think that was the last model to win the WRC & still using the pop up lights.
The ST205 should have won the WRC if Toyota had not been found out for cheating with the turbo & getting baned for a year & stripped of all their points.
shame has I like the ST205 with the face-lift front end over this model picked for AC DLC.
The picture is not a good one they have released

Here is a shot of the real car for those who want to see if they got the car wrong.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f6/5e/05/f65e059af6467ce07e48659a212a39f6.jpg

I've had a look at this news a couple of times now today.
Every time I am asking myself which of the cars I am most excited about.

Sad conclusion is basically: none.

And I don't mean that in a particularly negative way in fact.
It just sort of feels like with the stunning Porsche DLCs we kind of peaked the climax of motorsport history.
[Admittedly this might be a biased German pov :roflmao::p]

2 more LMPs, 1 more Group C, another GT3. Nothing really new there that we haven't tried yet. Not sure if the rallye cars will give me a kick personally. Not really a rallye fan since the FIA killed of the action there in the early 2000s.

So all in all, I am looking forward to each and every one of the teased cars, no doubt, I just don't feel the same excitement that I used to feel. :unsure:

Though I can't wait for those 3-way LMP1 battles to come. :inlove:

I agree the Porsche DLC has knocked the shine of the coming DLC.

The Quattro S1 E2 is nice though lacking any proper rally features in AC , I know there are some good attempts at rally tracks.
But it is not Dirt Rally in that department.

The rest I can take or leave inc the Ferrari's I am a little bored now with that mark these days.

I would prefer to see more Historical content from the likes of Mercedes , like at least one 30's GP car , a 50 F1 most of all the 300 SLR . an Auto-union D Type V16 . some of the classic BMW's race cars from the 70's & 80's including the Brabham BT52 the most powerful of the first Turbo Era F1.

Some more Group C cars from the Likes of Lancia. Renault & Matra.
Maybe a Alfa 50's GP car or a Ferrari. something to go along side the Maserati 250F
We need to class gaps filling now .

Has for Rally the FIA with more than a little pushing Killed Rallying off as soon as Group B proved there were more exciting sports than F1 . ever since then Rule changes have strangled the sport into a shadow of what it was.

Though I see some hope with the new WRC cars for 2017 we can never return to the good old days of the 80's & 90's
due some of the nastier event in the past some things had to change however not into what we have had for the last decade I am not fan of the modern sprint rallying & fixed servicing . that for me is not rallying.

Alright well, I'm just saying, not trying to start an argument or saying he's entirely wrong. Why not make a thread where you lay out your findings, critique the dev's work, make suggestions on what to improve and have a proper discussion about it with the devs (if I missed it you're free to point me to it). If that's too hard but expressing your strong opinion about it elsewhere is so easy then don't be surprised about me making a post about that.
They probably would, if they wouldn't be attacked instantly.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%