First Sight of New Assetto Corsa Cars Coming 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Toyota LMP1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni, via Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto, have revealed several exciting renders showing off several new cars to be added to Assetto Corsa in the next year.

With several exciting licences due to deliver a raft of new cars to Assetto Corsa during 2017, Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to show off a range of renders from the work in progress machines.

With some cars such as the Audi Quattro and Mazda 787B already well known and anticipated by fans of the sim, it is perhaps the more surprising early sight of the legendary Toyota and Audi LPM 1 machines plus the iconic Toyota Celica World Rally Championship car that will draw most attention from the recent post by Massarutto. All the renders revealed on Facebook show the usual Assetto Corsa attention to detail, and each machine should make an incredible addition to the simulation.

At this stage no release date is known for any of the content show with the exception of the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR, with should be included as a free item for owners of the third Porsche DLC instalment some time during February.

The cars revealed so far include:
  • Mazda 787B
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid
  • Audi R18 eTron
  • Porsche 991 GT3 RSR
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Audi Quattro Group B car
  • Audi Sport TT RS
  • Mazda Miata
  • Lotus 3-11
  • Toyota Celica WRC

With this unexpected reveal from Massarutto it looks like fans of Assetto Corsa have plenty to look forward to in the coming months.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Additional DLC can be downloaded across all platforms adding a variety of additional cars and tracks.

Assetto Corsa Audi LMP1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Mazda 787B.jpg
Assetto Corsa Porsche RSR.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum is a great place to get involved with your fellow community members and discuss the game. Here at RaceDepartment we have a wonderful Racing Club that hosts regular races and league events, plus you can add a wealth of additional content via our modding downloads archive and catch up on the latest news with regards to the sim.

Assetto Corsa Audi Quattro.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi R8.jpg Assetto Corsa Audi TT Cup.jpg Assetto Corsa Lotus Evora.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda Miata.jpg Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica.jpg

Looking forward to the new content coming to Assetto Corsa? Which car do you most look forward to getting behind the wheel of? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Especially considering they're all in LM aero configs...which are pretty useless at most tracks....still beyond me as to why Kunos chooses to license and model those versions.

Come on, surely it's deliberate and not something beyond our control.
Also "useless" in my book would be if they were released without wheels, but that's hardly the case. Yes, it is not necessarily the ideal scenario but it doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying LMP1 cars with our current line of content, I don't know why you like to suggest that.

Come on, surely it's deliberate and not something beyond our control.
Also "useless" in my book would be if they were released without wheels, but that's hardly the case. Yes, it is not necessarily the ideal scenario but it doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying LMP1 cars with our current line of content, I don't know why you like to suggest that.
i guess a better way of wording it would be immersion breaking, not the end of the world well a bit for me because i prefer this
wec-silverstone-2016-1-porsche-team-porsche-919-hybrid-timo-bernhard-mark-webber-brendon-h.jpg

the lights look way better even if they are less functional

Its just the nature of this community wanting it all to be perfect which is a tall order whichever way you look at it.

this being said glad the license for the R18 2016 wasnt taken because the le mans bodykit for that was outright ghastly.

Especially considering they're all in LM aero configs...which are pretty useless at most tracks....still beyond me as to why Kunos chooses to license and model those versions.
The Porsche 919 2015 in AC does the same laptimes at Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring as in the 2015 WEC season. (The other tracks are le mans, cota, fuji, shangai, bahrain).
For the 2016 car, in RSR Livetiming at Spa it was a bit faster than real life and at Silverstone, also according to RSR leaderboards, this time real lap time was a bit faster than in sim. And still same season, for Nurburgring GP (GT) does the same lap times as in real life (The additional track in '16 season is Mexico).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back