F1 2011 First Safety Car

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I just got my first safety car eveer. On Monaco, Hamilton messed up going into the pits and blocked the pitlane off just as i enetered. Then as im pitting, Safety Car has been deployed. I come out in 3rd. Massively lucky, then traffic ahead, i managed to take the lead from the redbulls. So i went to see the Race Director to try to determine everyones strategy, and i saw Trulli got a drive through for performing an Illegall Overtake.

I thought id say this becasue im thrilled with F1 2011, be sure to post your 1st safety Car experience in here (Bad spelling as im quicy typing)

I had one on my first career race, but as I had literally played for about an hour and was still getting used to the handling, I was so far behind that I never even caught up to it having dived into the pits when it emerged.

I tried online for the first time this afternoon, and got the safety car at Monza. I was 8th in the train (again, I pitted) and when the SC went in, I was able to jump a couple of places. I think it was a combination of good luck, and poor reactions from the guys I mugged. I was expecting the autobrake thing to make it difficult, but I just dropped back a bit on the way round the Curva Parabolica then floored it on the way out and got lucky.

My first safety car experience was me ramming a bunch of guys in the first corner on Grand Prix, just so I could experience the safety car. Does that count?

I'll update this thread again if and when I get a genuine safety car experience!

My first experience was, I was playing around behind the safety car and suddenly my car turned into a ghost(forgot the reason why) and 2 cars pass me.. I lost 2 position behind the safety car and I cannot get it back because the system wont allow me to overtake.

what a bug...

yet I'm happy the SC is in the game :)

I was running 4th at Melbourne on lap 4/12 when I caused an accident (not on purpose) and lost my front wing, 2 other cars got caught up in it and safety car was deployed. I limped to the pits and ended up 16th when I joined the queue again, the very next lap some cars infront pitted in and I suddenly found myself 9th. I was thinking bonus free pit stop. Engineer told me I had no more scheduled stops and I was on new primes till the end. Got up to 3rd and on penultimate lap 1st and 2nd cars pitted in, result I ended up leading into the last lap. Poised to cross the line victorious, I overcooked it on turn 8 and spun off. Unfortunately the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place man got passed me and I eventually finished 4th. Not the win I was hoping for but a brilliant race experience all the same.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%