1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

First Safety Car

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Jay Jones, Sep 27, 2011.

1. I just got my first safety car eveer. On Monaco, Hamilton messed up going into the pits and blocked the pitlane off just as i enetered. Then as im pitting, Safety Car has been deployed. I come out in 3rd. Massively lucky, then traffic ahead, i managed to take the lead from the redbulls. So i went to see the Race Director to try to determine everyones strategy, and i saw Trulli got a drive through for performing an Illegall Overtake.

I thought id say this becasue im thrilled with F1 2011, be sure to post your 1st safety Car experience in here (Bad spelling as im quicy typing)

2. I had one on my first career race, but as I had literally played for about an hour and was still getting used to the handling, I was so far behind that I never even caught up to it having dived into the pits when it emerged.

I tried online for the first time this afternoon, and got the safety car at Monza. I was 8th in the train (again, I pitted) and when the SC went in, I was able to jump a couple of places. I think it was a combination of good luck, and poor reactions from the guys I mugged. I was expecting the autobrake thing to make it difficult, but I just dropped back a bit on the way round the Curva Parabolica then floored it on the way out and got lucky.

3. My first safety car experience was me ramming a bunch of guys in the first corner on Grand Prix, just so I could experience the safety car. Does that count?

I'll update this thread again if and when I get a genuine safety car experience!

4. My first experience was, I was playing around behind the safety car and suddenly my car turned into a ghost(forgot the reason why) and 2 cars pass me.. I lost 2 position behind the safety car and I cannot get it back because the system wont allow me to overtake.

what a bug...

yet I'm happy the SC is in the game :)

5. That's not a bug - If you're holding up the "train", you are ghosted and that allows the other cars to move up to where you were - It's a punishment for holding up the other cars.

6. i have tried to get a safet ycar by hitting or blocking the other cars etc, I've had no luck so far.

7. It gives you a warning before it ghosts you though - at least I've been warned anyway, and always had time to pick up the pace before it does it.

8. I was running 4th at Melbourne on lap 4/12 when I caused an accident (not on purpose) and lost my front wing, 2 other cars got caught up in it and safety car was deployed. I limped to the pits and ended up 16th when I joined the queue again, the very next lap some cars infront pitted in and I suddenly found myself 9th. I was thinking bonus free pit stop. Engineer told me I had no more scheduled stops and I was on new primes till the end. Got up to 3rd and on penultimate lap 1st and 2nd cars pitted in, result I ended up leading into the last lap. Poised to cross the line victorious, I overcooked it on turn 8 and spun off. Unfortunately the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place man got passed me and I eventually finished 4th. Not the win I was hoping for but a brilliant race experience all the same.