PC2 First News of Project CARS 2 DLC Packs Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 DLC and Pre Order Details Revealed.png

Well the game isn't out until around September 2017 but already we get our first look at some of the DLC due to be added to Project CARS 2 post go live later this year...

DLC or additional paid content is now seen as an essential way to extend the life expectancy and financial position of a game long after the original release, be it on console or PC and regardless of genre. Some love this new found industry policy and some yearn for the days of buying a physical disk in the shop and having the full and final package available from day one. However in 2017 DLC content post release is as inevitable as a poor Jeremy Clarkson pun or a misjudged Ferrari pitstop strategy, and Project CARS 2 will be no different from it's immediate PC and console rivals in that respect, with fresh news of some upcoming DLC packs that should be made available for the game once it releases toward the end of 2017.

Coming to light as part of the pre-order details surrounding the title, fans have now been made aware of two new DLC packs due to be added to the simulation and they contain a nice mix of iconic road and racing cars.

Following on from the trend started by Assetto Corsa, one of the packs coming to Project CARS 2 will focus on cars of a Japanese origin, with four attractive sounding machines from the land of the rising sun due to make their way to the sim, mixing up desirable road and race machines of both the real and concept car variety. The Japanese pack has come to light as it is due to form part of the package available to players who purchase the 'Project CARS 2 Ultra Edition' and as such individual DLC pack prices and release dates remain unannounced at this moment in time. You can check out the details of the cars due to be included below -

Japanese Car Pack:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
As part of the same 'Ultra Edition' pre order deal, details of another exclusive release package have surfaced in the form of the Motorsports Pack DLC, however this collection of cars will not be released for the general public to purchase and will instead release as exclusive content to players who buy either the Ultra Edition, Collectors Edition or DLC Season Pass licence. Again containing four cars, the 'Motorsports Pack' is limited to some incredible racing cars of years past, from the 1974 Jaguar E-Type to the very recent TCR specification Opel (Vauxhall over here in Blighty) Astra TCR, a first official inclusion of a TCR specification car in a modern racing simulation. You can check out the contents of the exclusive 'Motorsports Pack' DLC below -

Motorsports Pack (Exclusive to Season Pass owners and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners).
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
Additionally as has become normal practice in the gaming industry SMS will be making available a 'Season Pass' opportunity for gamers who anticipate purchasing all the DLC for Project CARS 2. Much like with other modern games, the Season Pass will be priced at a lower cost that purchasing each DLC individually and will make available all new DLCs plus some exclusive content mentioned above immediately upon release of the relevant pack.

Season Pass
"Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge"

For those of you interested in the limited edition 'Ultra Edition' Project CARS 2, the game is available to pre order on all platforms now and contains the following features:
  • Limited to only 1,000 copies
  • Includes the full Project CARS 2 game in an exclusively designed, premium-packaged Steelbook™ case, the world’s most sought-after collectable packaging
  • A 1/12 scale resin model car of the gorgeous McLaren 720S in one-off SMS-R Stealth Satin
  • The McLaren 720S Sketchbook: Take a unique journey through the development of this ground-breaking supercar. Exclusively created in partnership with the design team from McLaren, the book lifts the covers on the making of the 720S, including never-before-seen early sketches and models, clays and renders, and guides you all the way through to the final production of McLaren’s new supercar
  • The Project Cars 2 Art Book: A beautifully crafted book that takes you behind the scenes to reveal how the raw excitement of the racing world has been brought to life in the virtual realm. Featuring exclusive images taken throughout the development process, the 200-page book demonstrates the immense attention to detail that is the hallmark of the game, whilst showcasing the stunning new cars and true-to-life locations that make this the world’s premiere motorsports game
  • The Esport Live VIP Pass: Present this pass to any Slightly Mad Studios, or Bandai Namco staff member at Project CARS Esports live events anywhere in the world, and you will be treated to the full benefits that come from being a Project CARS VIP. Meet the team, jump to the front of the queue, or maybe even pick up some free swag!
  • An individually-numbered, embroidered Snapback cap
  • A stunning Project CARS 2 poster signed by the SMS team as well as the real-world drivers who make up Team SMS-R
  • A Project CARS 2 Sticker Sheet: Unique and stunning Project CARS, SMS-R, and Esports imagery and iconography
  • The exclusive Japanese Cars Pack. Revel in iconic JDM machinery with this added content that features four cars from iconic Japanese manufacturers Honda and Nissan:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
  • The Season Pass: Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge
  • The Motorsport Pack*: Exclusively available to Season Pass holders, this exclusive, bonus pack of fan-favourite race cars includes:
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
    *This content is not available for purchase, and only available to Season Pass holders, and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for a release around September 2017 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well as on PC via the Steam network.

Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 21.jpg

Want to know more about Project CARS 2? Fancy chatting to fellow game enthusiasts about what is known so far, or simply just to speculate on what the game could feature on release? Well look no further! Head over to the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with the community discussion right now!

Like the look of the first announced DLC's? Any car strike your fancy particularly? Will you be digging deep in the pockets for the Ultra Edition of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Another thread to showcase humanity's simpleness...
Some in here (way to many actually) apparently rather want a Sim with 30 cars and no DLC for full price, then a Sim with 150 cars for the same price, but 8 additional cars for DLC (you do not have to buy!)
Logic :coffee:

Please, spare us the crocodile tears, especially when you then go on to fork money for DLC in AC (fairly cheap), DLC in R3E (very expensive if you want to own the whole gama, but licensed series).

You can get everything R3E has to offer at the moment for about 65 euro I believe. Wouldn't call that "very expensive", given that it's very close to a price of your average AAA game. It's also only about 15 euro more than PCars GOTY costs *right now*, two years after release.

You can also save *a lot* of money on R3E if you're smart about how you buy your content. You get some pretty big discounts if you buy packages that contain stuff you already own. For example, I can currently pay about 35 euro for the rest of the European tracks I don't own just yet if I buy them individually...or I can pay 15 euro for all of them if I buy the European pack, since I already own some of its content and so have 80 % discount on it.

Also don't forget the fact that you only have to own a single car in a class to be able to enter races in that class. Compare this with say AC where you have to own every single car on the grid to be able to enter a race.

Really don't understand why people always consider R3E expensive. In fact it's one of the most fair priced games I can think of.

bet after a few months the "motorsport" dlc will be available for everyone just as the "limited edition" cars were for the first game.

without doubt, why would they keep them exclusive when they know they can resell them again and others will buy?, especially when they know LE buyers will still go on to buy their next game anyway even though they got lied to

its the gamers that are allowing these companies to get away with this crap because they just throw money at them,

LOL. We have to see only screen and couple of official and unoficial trailers and now is full DLC list. They think...No then are sure - people are stupid. I said...F... Y.. Too :) Show me a product than I consider it's good or not and then I know, I wanna buy more or nothing. Now I know pC 2 is nothing, only second money maker for stupid people who buy pre order, dlc and more and than they say...oh, what a loss of money... The End.

Im not gonna kid myself, im pre ordering, gonna take a gt3 car to imola and if im not inpressed immediately im refunding, im not touching a ffb slider or even doing a setup, if its not right immediately then refund. I think a lot of people will be doing this all my friends i play with are saying exactly the same. I really hope this impresses out of the box.

• Deleted member 113561

Oh really? SMS is known to be lazy on fixing bugs - and I don't need to point it all out since there's a huge community who did fix them and not SMS. So if you are going to claim "You can't fix it" - no, you can cause some people did and they weren't even involved with the development of the game on the first place.

And if you don't know what I mean, then I'll leave it there and think about it.
Please provide 1 AAA game within the last 10 years that is 100% bug free - you can't fix every bug in an AAA game is a fact - every developer will tell you that. period.

You should rather stop bringing nonsense responses - first your response had nothing to do with what you quoted - second now you bring arguments which are complete nonsense ... community CAN'T fix bugs, they have no access to the gamecode, only devs can ; community can find and report bugs only

You know nothing about game development it seems.

You can get everything R3E has to offer at the moment for about 65 euro I believe.
That was not true at release / in the beginning. DLCs were pretty expensive. Now its possible though.
Its a bit unfair comparison that you compare prices at release and after a couple of years - of course prices are dropping a lot over time.

Im not gonna kid myself, im pre ordering, gonna take a gt3 car to imola and if im not inpressed immediately im refunding, im not touching a ffb slider or even doing a setup, if its not right immediately then refund. I think a lot of people will be doing this all my friends i play with are saying exactly the same. I really hope this impresses out of the box.
At rain! ;) And testing out a WRX car on Hell. That's definitely the smartest thing to do.
I guess it outstrips the horizon of plenty in here, by the looks of it however.
Those 2 hours gaming time are a bit on the low side i feel, i needed at least 4 hours to get good FFB out of Automobilista, the first 2 hours i thought what's that for a crap FFB (didn't refund however :-P ).

I hate those "exclusive" content offers as much as others. That's not what I was talking about, though.

Anyway, if I recall well from some games I own, the "exclusivity" is often (always?) just temporary. Were there actually some really exclusive cars in PC1, that you couldn't buy later or in another pack? I don't know.
Nope, you can still get them all which is great because everyone can play with them.

At rain! ;) And testing out a WRX car on Hell. That's definitely the smartest thing to do.
I guess it outstrips the horizon of plenty in here, by the looks of it however.
Those 2 hours gaming time are a bit on the low side i feel, i needed at least 4 hours to get good FFB out of Automobilista, the first 2 hours i thought what's that for a crap FFB (didn't refund however :-P ).

I totally agree. 2 hours is too little time to get a good first opinion, especially when it is a game of this scope.

Fortunately you can do the steam refund thing if it doesnt work out. Down side is that you have to pay for it first which sucks a tad.
I was a pCARS backer, so somehow I'm confident in what developers are capable of. But, since I didn't back the #2, I don't know, I need something to see how it is improved. I don't have so much time to play every sim I have, therefore I won't buy it at day one and for sure not at a fancy price.

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does.

Anyway, I'm really not bothering with this. The milking machine in full motion right before my eyes. I'd be foolish to part with my hard earned.
Especially since a title I bought years ago is seeing some rejuvenation and TLC by S397. I'll stick with the free updates from them until they release a paid DLC pack which I will glady pay for as they've already given without showing a need to receive yet.
Support the Devs that are passionate about the sport and the hobby. Not these suits interested only in your money and first born...
Yes, it mean what you think, i think devs that just LITERALLY CUT OFF content of the game to sell it because they are thirsty of money arent good.

When PC1 came out i thought of buying it, but then: american pack, lotus pack, audi pack and more shitty packs, only for that kind of things i didnt bought the game, and then one year later when they dont sell anymore they release a "GOTY" version to make people buy it again.

Can I just sum this up...so they want, or would like me to part with £xxx of my cash for something that I don't even know what I am going to get?

Is that correct?

Isn't that the same as me walking in to a car showroom, and saying, I heard you releasing x type of car, here is £xxxx I will have one :rolleyes:

Pirating (if that's what you're suggesting) is bad and you should feel bad.
well, i pirated automobilista, i saw it was good and then bought it + season pass
i pirated RF2 (old builds) saw it was good and bought it.
i pirated Euro Truck Sim 2, saw it was good and bought it.
and the same with GTR2, Assetto corsa, and a lot of games.
You should feel bad if u use pirating to just play for free and not for testing the games before wasting money on them.
and i didnt bought Project Cars because i got dissapointed when it was getting sold as a sim and then PC1 happened.

well, i pirated automobilista, i saw it was good and then bought it + season pass
i pirated RF2 (old builds) saw it was good and bought it.
i pirated Euro Truck Sim 2, saw it was good and bought it.
and the same with GTR2, Assetto corsa, and a lot of games.
You should feel bad if u use pirating to just play for free and not for testing the games before wasting money on them.
and i didnt bought Project Cars because i got dissapointed when it was getting sold as a sim and then PC1 happened.
You are scum in my opinion. Thieving scum.
You are one of the reasons we pay more for software these days. You cannot justify any pirating here and it doesn't matter how you paint it. You are lucky I'm not a moderator here.:thumbsdown: I suppose you will come out with some excuse that we are supposed to believe.

Last edited:
So ... first of all, hello everyone. My first post here.
What I'm trying to say: Calm down a bit. They've made eight cars you won't get on release day unless you pay a bit more. That's all that happened. Yet, you'll still get more cars than in any other sim. Maybe they also need this additional income to pay for all the other licences they've acquired?

Welcome Dicra. Do you work for SMS by any chance?;):whistling::D

My recommendations to everyone, just wait until its on steam sale, buy it, test it and either keep it or refund. Simples.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back