First Mercedes AMG GT3 Image RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
2017-03-25 2029 0001.jpg

The first early in game image of the Mercedes AMG GT3 car for RaceRoom Racing Experience has surfaced, showing the level of progress already achieved by the studio.

Following the very recent release of the BMW M6 GT3 and announcements of the upcoming McLaren 650S, the Callaway Corvette C7 and Audi R8 LMS joining the already released Bentley Continental GT3, RaceRoom and Sector3 are doing a good job of bringing the latest specification GT3 cars to a game that is heavily focussed on the very popular class of Grand Touring specification racing.

Having announced the licence agreement with the German manufacturers all the way back in July last year around, many fans are eager to see where the development stands with the new car. In answer to the constant requests for a progress update, Sector3 Studios J-F Chardon posted this little in game preview image of the car, and confirmed that the studio are still working hard to get the machine ready for a public release. Unfortunately those hoping for a relatively quick public launch might be a bit disappointed as it looks like plenty of work remains in order to get the vehicle in a release ready state. Chardon went on to say "It was added in the engine, now it's all about receiving liveries, physics and sounds + AI"! So fans may well have to wait a little bit longer before the latest and greatest from Stuttgart is available to drive in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation exclusive to PC. Additional content can be purchased via the RaceRoom Store.

Don't forget to check out our awesome RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum to stay abreast of all the latest news and discussions regarding the title. Check out our setups forum where you can download a community created car setup, or have a look at our thriving Racing Club for the game, a place where all skill and experience levels are welcomed to come along and enjoy the racing action online with friends.

Looking forward to some more modern GT3 machinery in RaceRoom? Do you like the Mercedes AMG GT3? Which cars would you like to see adding to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Looking forward to some more modern GT3 machinery in RaceRoom?
Definitely, in no other Sim GT3 is as much fun to drive. Only problem for me are the rather outdated cars in this class, compared to Assetto Corsa
Do you like the Mercedes AMG GT3?
The AMG GT is my favourite reasonable priced (below 200.000) car in the world, so obviously the GT3 is my favourite GT3 car. Big fat yes.
Which cars would you like to see adding to the game?
Add Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini to the appropriate classes.
+ up to date GTE (Ford GT :inlove: )

I wasn't expecting the Merc to be added as well so this is a nice piece of news.

Can't wait to see what the sound team have done with the AMG GT! :inlove:

As @Celestiale mentions it would be nice to have Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Not 100% sure but I guess the issue with those three is probably licensing (especially with Porsche).

With the popularity of the Hurracan in GT3 though that one would be great to have. Until then I'll keep myself happy with the 650S when it's released.

However to have the Corvette, and Audi in soon is still pretty good :thumbsup:

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Never been a big fan of Mercs in other sims, but I must admit I'm looking forward to giving this one a go when it comes out. I suspect the sounds by @anthony monteil will be somewhat spectacular to say the least!

Loving GT3 class cars at the moment. It's funny because I'm old enough to remember when they first became "a thing" and I clearly recall thinking how slow and sluggish they looked compared to the GT1 machines at the time. Clearly recall thinking "these will never be popular".

Ha, how wrong I was....

#GT4forthewin :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 82 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000