MGP17 First Look at MotoGP17 (?)

Leading up to the MotoGP weekend in Argentina, Milestone have posted a few images (probably) showing content from the new game. Unsurprisingly, the images look rather disappointing.

17814690_1156689244457556_6198039917017199434_o.jpg

17834024_1156689687790845_8036473464324926062_o.jpg

For as much as can be told from the five screenshots posted, there looks to be no major improvements over last year in terms of 3D model quality, textures or track surroundings.

I'm watching this stream right now :
If anyone had any glimpse of hope : the AI performance is still the same.
We were talking about Mugello a few days ago. He can run high 1:44 (sloppy lap) while the AI is 2 sec slower on the hardest difficulty. Just like VRTG ...
Pufff, what to say. Really believed they would let us choose between more gear (like in Ride2) and that in worse case that it would be like in VRTG, but this beats my worst nightmares. I would forgive them arcade game for guys can do cool sim mods.
But why the fok do I have to watch these boring XLite helmets only again...!? It's been like ten years they were giving us no choice between brands... For me personally it is a big disappointment

Someone have found a gameplay from a good player playing at the highest difficulty?
Everything I saw on YouTube was a pain to my racing saul
no giovane i have seen some youtuber that play the managerial part of the game with some assists and are not so good drivers, but have discovered that is not so bad, it's quitley interesting and maybe deeper,
you had so many things to manage in this part of career that's can became boring to ride ahahahaah,

Fastest lap by Viñales? FAKE!

Jokes aside. I remember MotoGP games back then used to have special races modifiers:
for example, Rossi had a normal performance of 0,996 and then a performance of 1.0 at Mugello.
I don't remember them in VRTG nor in MotoGP15 to be honest.
But they could be used to create more randomness, like for Maverick and Valentino you could put Jerez & Catalunya performance = 0.8.

Maybe thanks to BML editor we could actually add that modifier for each track, so you can make Marc slower at Mugello and Le Mans. I don't know, just an idea. What do you guys think?

P.S. Why are kerbs shiny? They always reflect the light in game, while in real life you never see them refleting the light..

Fastest lap by Viñales? FAKE!

Jokes aside. I remember MotoGP games back then used to have special races modifiers:
for example, Rossi had a normal performance of 0,996 and then a performance of 1.0 at Mugello.
I don't remember them in VRTG nor in MotoGP15 to be honest.
But they could be used to create more randomness, like for Maverick and Valentino you could put Jerez & Catalunya performance = 0.8.

Maybe thanks to BML editor we could actually add that modifier for each track, so you can make Marc slower at Mugello and Le Mans. I don't know, just an idea. What do you guys think?

P.S. Why are kerbs shiny? They always reflect the light in game, while in real life you never see them refleting the light..
In MotoGP 15 I believe they were present. For VRTG, I'm not so sure.

What type of mod it will be? Physics, AI, both?
I really want to release AI+Manufacter differences in one mod but it all depends how the "new" default physics feel like and If i will be able to make something.. But If anyone plan to make their physics mod I can also add it to his because I am not good in general physics.. I just need to have different feeling from Ducati and Honda... If there will be moto3 files for all brands I would like to edit them as well so Mahindra would be the slowest but in VRTG Moto3 and Moto2 was was one general file for all manufacters
race_divided.jpg

In this screen you can see min-max seconds for lap for each rider...
If rider won any race he automatically has min-0.0
If rider crashed or retired his time doesnt count because he is underratted in performance

e.g. Rossi has higher(worse) max than Crutchlow who usually crash but because of points and championship standings Rossi has e.g. 1.0 and Cal has e.g. 0.9.8 and has higher minimum as well.

I really dont know how to make some riders crash often than others so I had to add these performance points based on shampionship standings..

I really dont know if it´s gonna work correctly to have a better feeling of a game but let´s hope :D

Last edited:
You know what pisses me the most? This:
Kerbs endings, according to FIM regulations, have a fixed length (12 metres, it's on page 17 of 2017 FIM Standards for Circuits free document).
In the game they're obviously too short.

But okay, I can't expect much from Milestone..then I saw this.
They've managed to invert the colour of the kerbs in Catalunya.
"We've reworked every track". Yeah, sure. **** you!
2CDjiSbg.png

Like I'm not even mad anymore, I'm laughing my ass off because this is too bad to be true

You know what pisses me the most? This:
Kerbs endings, according to FIM regulations, have a fixed length (12 metres, it's on page 17 of 2017 FIM Standards for Circuits free document).
In the game they're obviously too short.

But okay, I can't expect much from Milestone..then I saw this.
They've managed to invert the colour of the kerbs in Catalunya.
"We've reworked every track". Yeah, sure. **** you!
2CDjiSbg.png

Like I'm not even mad anymore, I'm laughing my ass off because this is too bad to be true

They will make it a year later again.. because they make their tracks by hand in Adobe software without any real data... and YES I AM A LASER SCAN LOVER

Considering the average motogp player I can see on YouTube the effort made into this game is more than enough.
90% of these players never watched a motogp race, an onboard video or are involved in any way into Motorsport.
Imagine all your magnificent laserscanned tracks rided that way :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years