MGP17 First Look at MotoGP17 (?)

Leading up to the MotoGP weekend in Argentina, Milestone have posted a few images (probably) showing content from the new game. Unsurprisingly, the images look rather disappointing.

17814690_1156689244457556_6198039917017199434_o.jpg

17834024_1156689687790845_8036473464324926062_o.jpg

For as much as can be told from the five screenshots posted, there looks to be no major improvements over last year in terms of 3D model quality, textures or track surroundings.

Nikki - unfortunalety, we can not hire Valentino Rossi for our team, only fake riders due to license.
As I saw video once again, I noticed that our bike elements might be improved only from 1st level to 5th... A little bit of shame, because even in SBK 2011 we had more levels and AI teams were also improving their bikes.

AI is still slow in the same spots (Assen last sector, Austin sector 1)
But hey they've remapped some tracks' textures (after me and some other guys have spent the last years spamming their socials with picture comparisons)
And introduced a decent sound system!

Things to do
- Realistic rider styles (Marquez is nothing like the real one), body positions
- Laser Scanned tracks (Some of them have weird proportions, the kerbs are wrong in every track)
- Improve the weekend realism (ALL free practices, improving track, giving important to setup, randomize AI. cough codemasters)
- Improve AI, which makes half of the game in the offline mode

AI is still slow in the same spots (Assen last sector, Austin sector 1)
But hey they've remapped some tracks' textures (after me and some other guys have spent the last years spamming their socials with picture comparisons)
And introduced a decent sound system!

Things to do
- Realistic rider styles (Marquez is nothing like the real one), body positions
- Laser Scanned tracks (Some of them have weird proportions, the kerbs are wrong in every track)
- Improve the weekend realism (ALL free practices, improving track, giving important to setup, randomize AI. cough codemasters)
- Improve AI, which makes half of the game in the offline mode

Laser scanning should be a point of the game which has a license... I don´t think that laser scanning tracks before or after each GP should be difficult.. Just look on Project CARS..just use a drone and thats it.
I think if Milestone people were clever they would use laser scan (photogrammetry) for riders and bikes as well.. You know how riders are photographed before the season and their bikes as well.Photogrammetry may be as eas as making each textures for 150 riders and bikes

Laser scanning should be a point of the game which has a license... I don´t think that laser scanning tracks before or after each GP should be difficult.. Just look on Project CARS..just use a drone and thats it.
I think if Milestone people were clever they would use laser scan (photogrammetry) for riders and bikes as well.. You know how riders are photographed before the season and their bikes as well.Photogrammetry may be as eas as making each textures for 150 riders and bikes
Honestly, laserscanning tracks and bikes takes a huge amount of time.
Milestone has not even the time (and patience) to put some effort into this game

Kunos Simulazioni has been successfully scanning tracks for years now.

And guess what, Kunos Simulazioni is even smaller than Milestone..
I think so.. Laser scanning is not more difficult than creating a track.. When you have a base data from scanning you can make better 3d model.. Without it they make those terrible tracks.. And even as I said scanned riders and bikes should not be a long term hard work.. Just imagine. They scan each riders- they get: Different heights of riders, their suits, their helmets and they must not make a textures because with photogrammetry you get a 3d model and also textures. All you have to do is to brush and edit these 3d models.. Absolutely not hard work.. All Milestone has to have is money which they could get if they dont make a game per half a year

If we talk about kerbs, etc. I wonder if they changed wrong finish-line in Catalunya and wrong ride on straight in Qatar. I know that in MotoGP'15 it wasn't correctly donem but don't remember about VRTG.

I'd like to see how the AI generates their times in FP and Q.
In the previous games the AI was lapping times without be actually on track, and there wasn't any lap time progression throught the session: they putted the fastest lap at the first lap.
I hope they fixed it.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back