MGP17 First Look at MotoGP17 (?)

Leading up to the MotoGP weekend in Argentina, Milestone have posted a few images (probably) showing content from the new game. Unsurprisingly, the images look rather disappointing.

17814690_1156689244457556_6198039917017199434_o.jpg

17834024_1156689687790845_8036473464324926062_o.jpg

For as much as can be told from the five screenshots posted, there looks to be no major improvements over last year in terms of 3D model quality, textures or track surroundings.

What I find really shameful are crashes.
That's what I'm excited about in bike racing sport where even the best can loose a seat after the slightest mistake.
But in the game even the "low-quality" riders fall like never.
And then next to the lame AI behaviour it makes just speeds comparing of individuals except racing.

Seems to me that the grid always finishes as it starts with really small changes and races are always won by the same riders.

When I return to crashes and ignore the completely arcadish resistance to it, it would be nice to see some injuries which wouldn't allow you to participate in two weekends or something, or for example temporary penalties on your abilities in percentage (f.e. if you had your ankle hurt your shifting would be slower or something, flu decreases stamina,.. ). It doesn't even need to be often, but from time to time it would make the game fresh.
In my opinion it would be the best to have a abilities editing possibility like NHL series or Mount & Blade have. Then these injuries and everything would work perfectly I believe.

Maybe it would take a much work to do, but I think Milestone owe it to their supporters after years of so-so games they do, instead of starting to work on it three months before release- just to make skins, some models, commercial where we speak about genius next - gen something...

Then what I really miss is replay I loved MotoGP 2 for. Maybe I don't remember it right, but that TV replay felt to me like real TV cameras and I finished probably every single race with watching it then.
Games I enjoyed the most were probably this MotoGP 2 and SBK series

New manager mode is something what I have needed for this game! The only shame is that there will not be real riders' transfers, but I know that this is not Milestone fault. The only question - how does this all look? Is there infinite bike development or leasing bikes for season? Or like last time, when we had after a few seasons all elements/bikes bought?

New manager mode is something what I have needed for this game! The only shame is that there will not be real riders' transfers, but I know that this is not Milestone fault. The only question - how does this all look? Is there infinite bike development or leasing bikes for season? Or like last time, when we had after a few seasons all elements/bikes bought?
Well, I think these real riders don't have to be a big problem.
I believe we have here guys who can do big things (for example 2017 season) so renaming and editing of fantasy riders could be okay (I'm not capable of that personaly)

Well, I think these real riders don't have to be a big problem.
I believe we have here guys who can do big things (for example 2017 season) so renaming and editing of fantasy riders could be okay (I'm not capable of that personaly)
Yeah, I know it's possible and I know that I will edit them to have Superbike riders, etc. but I have another thought - that AI teams can not transfer riders (for example: we could not hire Cal Crutchlow from LCR Honda - okay, we can edit fake rider to have Cal, but then we will have two Cals on the grid)

Yeah, I know it's possible and I know that I will edit them to have Superbike riders, etc. but I have another thought - that AI teams can not transfer riders (for example: we could not hire Cal Crutchlow from LCR Honda - okay, we can edit fake rider to have Cal, but then we will have two Cals on the grid)
I agree with you, this limitation is disappointing. I hope I won't get crucified for making a FIFA comparison here - I personally always preferred hiring young scouted (and thus generic, fake) players to my squads and develop them.

Sure, I'd love to be able to hire some Moto2 talent for my MotoGP team, but with the limitations on MotoGP licenses, we should take this as what it is: A first step in a good and interesting direction. If the feedback is positive, there's hope that maybe Dorna will be a little more relaxed about this matter in 2018 ;)

I see what you mean, but if you know how, you can make the game as you wish, though it might not be worth it... :))

I agree with you, this limitation is disappointing. I hope I won't get crucified for making a FIFA comparison here - I personally always preferred hiring young scouted (and thus generic, fake) players to my squads and develop them.

Sure, I'd love to be able to hire some Moto2 talent for my MotoGP team, but with the limitations on MotoGP licenses, we should take this as what it is: A first step in a good and interesting direction. If the feedback is positive, there's hope that maybe Dorna will be a little more relaxed about this matter in 2018 ;)
Yeah, when you're speaking about this comparison, for EA Sports games it never was a problem to make rosters as you wished (at least 'till 13')
Would be beautiful if Miles' could make it somehow.

BTW Does any of you guys know how it's about to be with customization options? I mean the gear.
As I saw the Manager part and all the riders had those boring XLite/Nolan helmets, hopefuly they're not doing such a step back and keep just these.
I kind of hope they add to (last year) AGVs the other helmets like Shoei, BELL,...

mmm i think in manager mode, if we can tweak the bikes (gear ratios, suspension etc..) to make them accelerate on certain tracks i think its going to be easy to win. I reason i say is because on previous versiones the default bike configs for the ai across any track was the same.

what i want is:
1. bring back the highlight just like MotoGP08 after finishing the race, cause i want to see the crash and the battle overtakes from other AI Riders..
2. Bring Back the celebration just like MotoGP 4!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back