first iracing skin atempt.... help plz

I am trying to paint my first iracing skin & have dome everything they say on there forum but it still doesnt show up except i flattened the the image not merge , what is the difference & how do i merge?

not sure exactly how you have created it but basically;

1. Download the car template
  2. Paint the car in photoshop/paint.net/GIMP etc
  3. Save the file as a TGA file type (which should automatically flatten it)
  4. Name the file whatever your driver ID is (e.g. mine is 050318 so I called the file 050318)
  5. Save or copy/paste into you iracing folder (Documents/iracing/skins) <-- I think :tongue:
  6. Run iracing
Your good to go :cool:

Still need more help just post Ill be glad to help a fellow painter.

not sure exactly how you have created it but basically;

1. Download the car template
  2. Paint the car in photoshop/paint.net/GIMP etc
  3. Save the file as a TGA file type (which should automatically flatten it)
  4. Name the file whatever your driver ID is (e.g. mine is 050318 so I called the file 050318)
  5. Save or copy/paste into you iracing folder (Documents/iracing/skins) <-- I think :tongue:
  6. Run iracing
Your good to go :cool:

Still need more help just post Ill be glad to help a fellow painter.

Thx for reply Daniel but i did exactly that & iracing still show iracing skin & not my own.

The other issue is that you may have your file extensions hidden. I fyou do so an rename the file 123456.tga, windows will sometimes rename it 123456.tge.tga. If this is the case then you'll need to change the name. To unhide the file extensions, it's somewhere up in the tools menu in explorer. Will dpend on which version of windows that you are running.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back