PC2 First Impressions......

So it's out!
What's your "first impression" on the game...

Me, I've tried it for 99mins, under the 2 hour Steam refund. Will I be refunding? Nope :thumbsup:

Very positive so far :thumbsup:

FFB - Big improvement, still needs quite a bit of tinkering, but out the box feels much better :thumbsup:

Physics - Big big improvement over PC1, you now actually feel connected to the road, you can feel what the front wheels are doing(my biggest gripe with PC1), although still early days, much improved :thumbsup:

UI - Much much better, like the way you can change game settings in the pits now, car/track/skin choices much better :thumbsup:

Sounds - Much improved too, gear change sounds are much more mechanical sounding, engines sound better than PC1 but that wasn't hard :p

and lastly Graphics - Looks stunning!, crisper, light snow on the windscreen looks bloody real! :geek:

So, although early days, I'm feeling very positive........so far :whistling:

Also another note on control with the game pad say you go round a right hand bend. Come out of the corner onto a straight with steering straight, get hard on the power the car wants to drag itself the way you’ve just steered I guess this is part of the new tyre physics but when you don’t have a wheel it’s hard to fight it.

As a very small sidenote, I like how some of the car classes (such as Road G) combine classic cars with new ones, it's cool. In fact, I like how the car classes are structured in general. Only the dedicated cup cars are on their own, all cars that ran in a mixed field in real life have a mixed field in game.

I noticed while drifting that theres no option as "soft lock" in AC which stopped the wheel going over the real steering wheel rotation. So when I drift, the FFB pushes my wheel over the real rotation limit and I have to steer back without any effect. I dont know if you know what I mean. IS there any option beside limiting the wheel rotation in the Thrustmaster control panel for every car?

FFB: A really nice compromise between the tight and super detailed AMS FFB and the slightly sloppy AC FFB.

This was exactly my thoughts after first try too. .. Something very similar to AMS ffb .. and i have driven GSCE and AMS the most of all sims out there!

I tried the Ford GTE @ Cota, I agree with the people saying that it is vastly improved over Pc1, that being said I still experienced some WTF moments, like the car going to a semi-drift on a light high speed turn which shouldn't put a car with such downforce to much stress anda couple of slides which I struggle to explain.
My only sim is AC, and it was my first one, so all I'm saying is probably "biased" since I'm taking that title as a reference, but I still think those moments were "weird" to say the least"
Apart from those the behaviour of the car was pretty close to what I'd expect, definitely better than Pc1 where very little made sense IMO.
A huge turn off are the tyre squel sounds and the sounds of the wheels locking, both too violent and just not very well done.
Just my 2c after a quick test ;)

I noticed while drifting that theres no option as "soft lock" in AC which stopped the wheel going over the real steering wheel rotation. So when I drift, the FFB pushes my wheel over the real rotation limit and I have to steer back without any effect. I dont know if you know what I mean. IS there any option beside limiting the wheel rotation in the Thrustmaster control panel for every car?
is no one experiencing this? I tried to set wheel rotation at 450° in Thrustmaster control panel but that makes it even worse; Ingame and real wheel is not synced anymore and looks weird.

is no one experiencing this? I tried to set wheel rotation at 450° in Thrustmaster control panel but that makes it even worse; Ingame and real wheel is not synced anymore and looks weird.
Not 100% sure but pretty positive all the cars in-game have automatic wheel rotation so if you have it set to anything other than 900 in Thrustmaster profile each car will feel off. In your case, if you're using 450 in Thrustmaster and the car uses say 450 your using less than 200 degrees in theory.
If your wheel is set to 900 and the car uses 450 you'll actually feel 450 degrees.
I believe Ian mentioned in one of there tech demo streams there are wind forces in the game.....not sure how they impact the car but could also be a possibility?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back