F1 2011 First impressions after playing the game

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Well just finished my first race with Force India. Let me just say the new suspension system is a handful to get used to. I lost a front wing twice in practice. Lets just say if you activate DRS don't do it at a wrong spot or you'll pull a Maldonado and spin out.

So far managing KERS and DRS is tricky in practice and qualy. At no point was I within a second in the race but I qualified 18th and finished 12th meeting my objective.

The graphics don't appear that much better and the washout effect is kinda odd. Modders will fix that I'm sure fast enough.

Career mode is now managed with a laptop and no more ugly lady... Helmets are going to have to be modded in again.

No Senna for Renault.

Fuel mixture is kind of a neat addition and my gas light came on during the second to last lap and I was not in a position to gain a position so I just turned it back to normal.

Engineer seems like he barely talks at all now. To early to tell if this is good or bad. Seems like all sector times are good in qualy.

Massa was pole along with Button and Petrov. Vettell was an embarrassing 14th.

Any other questions let me know.

Also I'm playing with 20%

Its so much harder than 2010, i did a quick race in the Mclaren using 2010 kind of setup. I set 1.28.xxx trying my best, sector 3 was about 1second off pace. I was on max difficulty, legend AI, Alonso set fastest lap of 1.23.xxx in race.

Now i started career with AI at Pro difficulty, they set 1.27 (Petrov) in Practise 1 rolling to 1.28.xxx (P16 Massa) and i managed a 1.29.6xx in the Force India (P17, soft tyres, rich fuel mix).

Ouch.

Also braking distances are much shorter and i kept cutting the corners in the first few laps.

DRS and KERS really is a handfull.

Im using the 360 Pad on PC to play, if anyone got a good setup for the pad, please post it here.

Indeed breaking distance is better. In 2010 it was too long and unreal. But i think we are all accustomed to it so, breaking too early and cutting the track... I even got +20s penalty during 1st race because of cutting the track and few times break too late unfortunately :(

Anyway F1 2011 is much much harder and gives more fun... AI are more competitive and our laps are slower at once. I mean, we suck here :p

I'm hoping my copy will arrive tomorrow, have been thinking a lot about how to configure the control pad to include manual gears and kers, drs. It's going to be awkward using them both together and changing gear at the same time, unless one of them goes on the shoulder buttons LB or RB, but then it may be awkward to steer to overtake with the thumb stick.

Of course a wheel would probably solve all this! :D

what pissed me off is that I could win easily with all assists off, legend AI in 2010 version aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

It should be the other way round, you should be pissed that on the top level difficulty you were still able to beat other cars in 2010.

IRL, no matter how good you are you will never, ever, beat a ferrari with a hrt (even if massa drives the ferrari). If legendAI in 2011 is unbeatable with a crap car I call that just accurate.

It should be the other way round, you should be pissed that on the top level difficulty you were still able to beat other cars in 2010.

IRL, no matter how good you are you will never, ever, beat a ferrari with a hrt (even if massa drives the ferrari). If legendAI in 2011 is unbeatable with a crap car I call that just accurate.

Well said I would have been jst as happy in 2010 if I was only competing with the Virgins and Lotuses.

Why are folks thinking they are going to be instantly quick at 2011? Just because you're quick at 2010? If you had read the press before the game even came out, it was always said that 2011 was a totally different beast to 2010.

Like Glacierre says, you should have been annoyed that you could trash the legend AI in 2010, rather than moaning about being 3-5secs off the pace in 2011.

Also, have people forgotten about how practice improves your performance? Or were you beating Legend AI in 2010 on day 2?

Eitherway, I suggest your time will be better spent on track learning 2011, than on forums comparing it to 2010. :D

I'm hoping my copy will arrive tomorrow, have been thinking a lot about how to configure the control pad to include manual gears and kers, drs. It's going to be awkward using them both together and changing gear at the same time, unless one of them goes on the shoulder buttons LB or RB, but then it may be awkward to steer to overtake with the thumb stick.

Of course a wheel would probably solve all this! :D

They announced this a while back. On the 360 controller, KERS is LB, and DRS is Y.

Why are folks thinking they are going to be instantly quick at 2011? Just because you're quick at 2010? If you had read the press before the game even came out, it was always said that 2011 was a totally different beast to 2010.

Like Glacierre says, you should have been annoyed that you could trash the legend AI in 2010, rather than moaning about being 3-5secs off the pace in 2011.

Also, have people forgotten about how practice improves your performance? Or were you beating Legend AI in 2010 on day 2?

Eitherway, I suggest your time will be better spent on track learning 2011, than on forums comparing it to 2010. :D

No one has complained, its great that we have a challenge. Of course practise makes perfect, old habits from 2010 just arent helping lol.
Game feels really good and im getting the sweating feeling in my hands = Real Racing game with a true challenge =)

Yes, visual wear is in! Marbles are also visible both on tires and the track.

Haven't really seen the visual tire wear too clearly yet, but the marble buildup as the race progresses is pretty cool. Pit stop bug appears to be fixed, but haven't figured out how to call for a pit stop or change the tire selection while on track (help?). The car status screen has much more data on it - Info tab appears (haven't fully tested yet) to show your fuel situation giving good information on running when different mixtures. Watch using DRS in the turns as it really lightens the tail. Got my "Have you tried Dirt3 (or whatever the game is)" by doing opening DRS a bit early on the sweeping turns in Turkey - nice long, looping slide down the straight.

After watching replays of my spin, seems like suspension is too soft so i stiffened it and the roll bars and made small tweak to camber t increase straight line stability, now car is much more stable and i posted a 1.26.7xx with Force India at Melbourne =D

AI are too slow on intermediate, running 1.30.xx in quali. Guess ill have to stick to Professional AI and get my ass kicked.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back