• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

First few hours of driving, needing help!

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by jamie donovan, Jun 19, 2017.

1. jamie donovan

jamie donovan

Ratings:
    +16
    Hi, after downloading the sim yesterday, I have now managed to spend a few hours driving.
    I have gone in stragiht at "get real" simply as I feel my skill level would suit that due to time on other simcade games and lots of track work with a turbo mx5.
    After putting a few hours into the game I am getting frustrated due to on power oversteer corner exit, struggling to control it with oposite lock and throttle control.
    also struggling with locking the brakes and not realizing due to not being able to feel a FFB for it.
    Would love for some hints and tips on how to sort this issue and help me enjoy this game alot more.
    Cheers

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,630
    What wheel are you using and what car?

3. jamie donovan

jamie donovan

Ratings:
    +16
    logtiech g920, got the gteye pedal mod set on the way also

4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,630
    Are you running the profiler?

5. jamie donovan

jamie donovan

Ratings:
    +16
    im not even sure what that is! aha, i will google and find out now

6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,634
    G920 doesn't have the profiler anymore I believe.

Locking brakes is more heard than felt in R3E I'd say. You might want to make the tyre sounds louder for now to hear them better. It really just sounds like your problem is more with not being used to the pedals than needing a setup for the car - the default setups are quite good. If you need a lot of opposite lock, you're probably too hard on the throttle. Maybe might want to check your pedal settings in the game to see if you're getting the proper response (you can check this in the control options).

Also, you didn't mention what car you're driving. Might be better to start with something like an Audi TT Cup, which is the car that's used here for rookie races due to its easy handling. Or, if you want to drive a RWD, then pick something with traction control and turn it up a bit for now until you get more used to it.

Recording a video might also be a good idea to give you some better tips.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. jamie donovan

jamie donovan

Ratings:
    +16

Thanks for the tip of using the audi, finally managed to just settle into a car and start putting laptimes in.
    Adjusted the volume for the locking up and have seemed to stop that being a issue.
    I was using lots of difference cars to just try and find one.
    Have also now got the starter pack so I have a few different tracks to get used to the game on

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,630
    Don't forget the free content as well.
    Aquila and Silhouettes are good to drive and Silverstone Stowe and Portimao GP are fun tracks.

9. jamie donovan

jamie donovan

Ratings:
    +16
    I have found a new joy for the merc DTM around Laguna Seca, softer rear arb and a brave right foot!
    Now to decide if i join this rookie race tonight or go to the gym

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,634
    Oh, yeah, that's right, how could I forget the Silhouette cars? Those are perfect for starting with R3E.

11. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,311
    Did you really just say that?? :D :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,990
    Portimao is my favourite track in R3E. Totally love the undulations and elevations. Brilliant track. Try the DTM 92 cars around there or the WTCC cars. Fantabulous.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,630
    It's the heat:rolleyes:

14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,634
    Why does almost everyone seem to hate Portimao? :( I know I'm biased, but it's still a great track IMO. At least in the full layout.