First F1 'Shield' Concept Images Revealed

Cockpit view , F1 2018 Concept shield courtesy of www.racesimstudio.com
cockpit_view.png

It DOES look better than the Halo and early concepts of this kind of protection, but I feel like it neuters the feel of F1. Just doesn't feel necessary and the entire program an over-exaggeration.

Still, if this comes into affect, would be interesting to see how the teams adapt the cars to a new slab of stuff on the front of the car.

It literally looks like a modern interpretation of the the wind screen from the Lotus 49. Neutered? Really ? lolz
Lotus-49-Cover.jpg

Hmmmm!!!!!!! How long before it becomes a Major part of the Downforce. Flutes wings n all that jazz. Then they will just say it's a safety item to clear debri.
Wipers that only work when Brakes applied,
Active Aerobrake?????

Sometimes it can. Jules and Wheldon crashes for example could have been avoided. Near fatal situations too such as Hinchcliffe
Park a plane in the middle of the track man , then complain its dangerous ,
when it comes to safety every situation should be taken care of , not leaving 10 meter gaps in fences wih jcb tracker there come on , the wheels did not fall off did they ?

Nice (and thanks!), I was afraid that something like that would obstruct the horizon in some conditions in sims (meaning AC, or any future game with an official 2018 F1, not only your mod), but the driver sits so low that it doesn't become a problem like in some older cars.

PS: I presume that they'll have some anti-glare treatment, else those reflections will be distracting!

Last edited:
It literally looks like a modern interpretation of the the wind screen from the Lotus 49. Neutered? Really ? lolzView attachment 200629

I think the rest of the thread sums up why I said neutered, lol. Calm down X)

Again, I still think it looks better than other concepts but it really feels like this is all just one massive over-reaction. It's not F1 which had "death by detached wheel/debris" as of late, it was other series where either it was a freak accident or a freak accident in a different kind of open-wheel racing (Oval). This wouldn't have saved Bianchi either, possibly only would have helped Massa with the loose spring.

Still, just my opinion, no need to get so flustered : ^)

If they introduce an unassisted formula class - no assisting systems allowed I would gladly pick up watching F1 again. Havent watched since the 90:s shift.

And they can have a subclass that uses v8 as the main class will have v10 or v12. And no breathing help either, only NA.

Group C anyone?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back