1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First ever Bathurst race for my son!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Watkins, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Paul Watkins

Paul Watkins
    The Mighty Forth Team Premium Member

Please do not play in front of children!

My son normally races at Barbagallo in Australia and won that HQ championship last year. He was invited to race at Bathurst at the weekend and quickly accepted the chance to drive there. He had very little practice before the race.

I apologise for my son's language as he finishes his first race at Bathurst. The way he does it though, sort of gives away his feelings for the track.:roflmao:

Just in case you're wondering, right at the end (in the garage), he restarts the engine (just about) after it stalls and then pours cold water over the radiator. If you just stop the engine when it's already over heating, the engine will probably get so hot it can cause damage.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. I would love to race at Bathhurst! Going down Forrests elbow would be so much fun!
    I'm happy for your son for being able to have this experience, and a well done to him!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Wow, your son is really lucky to experience such racing in real-life. You must be proud of him as well. Kudos to you and him.

Also thanks for the video. In-car cams are always interesting. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. If your son pressed the camera button one more time, he would switch to roof cam!...

I've played too much Project cars. :cry::p
    • Haha Haha x 2