• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Finland + controller (Xbox One)

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Matheus Berçot, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Matheus Berçot

Matheus Berçot

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, decided to play Dirt Rally again after almost completing Dirt 4 (zero patience for that Landrush Triple Crown), decided to face my biggest fear there: Finland. Those crazy jumps make experience insane even for a low powered car and honestly, nothing I move on the settings, controller or car setup, make my life easier: I still have to tip the brake after the jumps and still finish it [Edit: the stage... every stage] by almost losing control everywhere, I can barely control where my car will be, a few restarts usually needed. Usually I just skipped Finland, but I'm willing to learn anyway.

Is there a magic secret to play Finland well (and by that I don't mean necessarily fast, but consistent) in a joystick :)))? Even "driving" it feels like a nightmare every time.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. Ricky78

Ricky78

Ratings:
    +78
    My magic secret is to use an Xbox 360 controller or, better, a PS4 controller (with DS4Windows), playing with an Xbox One (non Elite) controller was a nightmare for me too.
    Not only with DR: in my opinion both analog sticks and triggers are too much light and sensitive for driving games.
    However I have two 1st gen Xbox One controllers, I don't know if later models were improved.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. BenCollins

BenCollins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +185
    I use a Thrustmaster GPX gamepad, looks identical to an Xbox 360 controller.

It's the best gamepad I have found. The rear throttle and brake buttons have great resistance. I also use ebay rubber things to extend the height of the sticks for steering, gives a much longer steering range.

It works great with AC, Dirt Rally and Automobilista, once you get the right settings.

I only get 20 mins a day to race, so great to have this option.