1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Final NASCAR Heat Dev Diary Released - Cars

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

NASCAR Heat Dev Diary 5 photo 2.jpg
    As the build up to release reaches its climax, NASCAR Heat Evolution's Dusenberry Martin Racing have revealed another short Developer Diary video, this time placing the focus on the stars of the show... the cars.

Coming in at only 1:56 in duration, the latest video focuses on a key area of the new game, namely the brutal 720hp + stock cars that make up the NASCAR series, and how developers went about recreating them in NASCAR Heat.

NASCAR Heat Evolution Developer Diary 5: Cars

With long suffering NASCAR fans having to put up with a series of below standard game releases in recent years, the new title has attached to it some serious expectations heading into launch day on the 13th. Monster Games have picked the franchise back up and the studio are making many positive noises about the new game. Promotion has been in overtime in the build-up to release, with a series of live streams, development diaries and promotional events designed to capture the gaming publics imagination. The sim racing scene has moved on considerably since Monster Games last held the prestigious licence, and with iRacing and now rFactor 2 both offering impressive oval content, it remains to be seen how Heat Evolution will be accepted by the general public.

Hopefully with exposure on both console and PC marketplaces, the new NASCAR title will live up to the hype and give fans something to cheer heading into the winter months.

NASCAR Heat Evolution is released for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on the 13th September.

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Join the community interaction as excitement builds for the game release.

NASCAR Heat Dev Diary 5 Photo 3.jpg NASCAR Heat Dev Diary 5.jpg

Looking forward to NASCAR Heat? Which version of the game will you be purchasing (Xbox, PS4 or PC)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

PC version, but may wait a few days for reviews.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

Will definitely be looking at this game for my Nascar fix on the PC...hope it lives up to the hype they have created:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Is the Fanatec csw v2 with xbox hub supported on xbox one?

5. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Unknown at the moment.
    In one of the streams they said that it would be compatible with Logitech and Thrustmaster, but that's all we know right now.
    If the Fanatec usually works on Xbox, I would assume it also works in Heat.
    But an assumption is all that is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, that Indy screenshot is disappointing. Still using the pylon that came down almost 3 years ago!

7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

• Like Like x 2
  8. £69.00 for the PS4 version ! I dont think so. They are taking the ............ arn't they?

• Wow Wow x 1
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

What?!?!?!?! Seriously? Man, you only need another couple of quid and you can buy a drive in Formula One free practice!!! :D

On a serious note, if it is indeed £69.00 then I see this game failing, badly. That is without doubt a ridiculous price. Wow, just wow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Where'd you get that number?
    It's $59.99 in the pre-order stores, all of them.
    Or in other words, same price as e.g. F1 2016
    (Still talking physical copies, but I imagine DDs will be the same)

11. Amazon £69.98p for the PS4 Version . What price will the PC version be then ???

12. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Hmmm...
    $60 in the US, €70 in Europe......
    Something tells me they don't have a European distributor. :D
    Factor in import tariffs and sales tax, and it sounds about right.
    Huh......
    Going to be interesting to see what the DD price is going to be. Since there are no physical copies on Steam, it shouldn't add taxes and tariffs.
    But if they set the price to mirror the disc-versions, they're committing financial suicide.
    I would've jumped on $60 on release, but €70?......er, no. :roflmao:
    Anyway. we'll know in 16 hours.

13. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I cannot believe any of you actually think this is going to be any good? But if I'm wrong I'll let you know. ;)

14. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

No need. I usually assume that's the case in the first place. :p

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

I resemble that remark Lars.........:cautious::laugh:
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Okay, so it ended up being priced roughly the same as the US physical version.
    Goes for €54,99 on Steam.

17. Tried it and be warned - This is an utterly terrible and appallingly bad piece of rubbish.

Steam refund already requested after less than an hour - I really don't need to see any more.

Clearly just a lame arcadish console game for kiddies under 5.

• Hideous straight console port.
    • Driving feel is terrible - cars feel slow and there's no realistic sensation of jostling for position in the pack.
    • Total lack of a tangible true Nascar atmosphere.
    • Cars defy the law of physics in a collision and are over resistant to bumping etc.
    • No obvious drafting of any kind.
    • Car animations poor and don't give the on edge feel of the real thing at all.
    • Yellow flags don't come out for major crashes.
    • No way to disable auto gears on my G27. Manual gears simply won't engage or override.
    • Doesn't recognize shifter either.
    • No button customization of G27 at all - it's just been set up for a G29 with no options.
    • G27 essentially not recognized - shows a graphic of the G29
    • No way to alter field of view/driver position, such that on triple screen there's a huge gap on the left screen where the window net should extend.
    • You can't access all tracks until you've got enough stupid speed points or whatever it is.
    • Horrible TV replays - just full of ghastly blurring

I'd actually go as far as to say that the awful Eutechnyx games were quite a lot better than this.

Certainly not worth 60 bucks, actually probably not worth 60 cents.

Sadly we must wait even longer for a successor to NR2003, which by the way plays infinitely better than this execrable pile of doggy do.

Praise the lord for the Steam under two hour refund.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  18. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Let me know if you get your wheel working.
    Still trying to do that. :D
    Oh Lordy.......

19. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Okay, for those who may need it, here's the controller profile for the T500RS.
    Circle = A - Accept/Advance
    X = B - Cancel
    Triangle = X
    Square = Y
    L2 = Pause/Start
    Right Paddle = Shift Up
    Left Paddle = Shift Down
    D-Pad for menu control.
    Just be sure to lower the sensitivity of the brakes in-game. Default will lock up almost instantly.
    Oh, and since the game doesn't recognize digital axis the D-Pad will also serve as steering.
    Meaning don't touch it in the race. :D

Attached Files:

20. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Well reading some reviews around the net make me think I was right @Lars Hansen I'm not often right as you know but in this case it looks like I was right. So now I know I was right I'll not bother getting this right piece of doggy doo.:poop::cool::D