1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring out why I'm slow off the start lights...

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Hi! :) So I have a problem where I'm finding myself very slow at the start.

Basically, I press the clutch, rev the car up until its almost red.....when lights turn, I kinda leave the clutch but not 100% so that I play with accelerator/clutch and engine revs, then when happy leave the clutch totally.

This was always my way and always works well in other sims and in real life :p. But in RE3, its like the clutch/engine is slipping too much and the car barely moves until 3 or 4 cars over take me!

I checked the pedals and they are all OK in-game RE3. What could it be!?

Thanks! :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hi Stefan,
    I think RRE now has clutch bite point. Have a test on practice, hold the clutch about 50% or so (like on hill starts in a real car).. you'll soon find the "biting point". I dont always make great starts, but i've found if i hold it just below the bite point, have revs just in the "red" zone and simultaneously release the clutch and drepress the gas it pulls away pretty decent.
    Now i need to master the corners... and the straights.... and the breaking zones.... and pit in.... pit out... consistency.... overtaking.....defending..... other than that, for the first 20 yards im s**t hot! :D
    • Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 2
  3. Thanks mate! I'll try to find that biting point, maybe I am slipping the clutch too much :p
  4. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Have a look at your steering controls, you can vary the clutch in 5 steps. That should help you bring the bite point to somewhere in the middle of the pedal range.