1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misc Fictional Tyre Set 1.1

Tyres

1. aagancia

aagancia

Ratings:
    +787
    • Like Like x 8
  2. puffitheone

puffitheone

Ratings:
    +328
    As i said,i say it again.All these tyres are for me the best mods for this game!These things make this game to a new game-simply epic.Your´s and weeks before from Rian Speed.Not to forget Ryder,has opened the way for change tyre manufactures!:thumbsup:Thanks to you all ;)
    2013-03-27_00001.jpg
    And these wonderful firestone tyres...Many thanks:inlove:

• Like Like x 2
  3. aagancia

aagancia

Ratings:
    +787
  4. puffitheone

puffitheone

Ratings:
    +328
    This is so great!Unbelievable...many different cars.And now many tyre manufacturers...;) That´s it what i call a fantasy season:D

5. aagancia

aagancia

Ratings:
    +787
    Thank you. It really makes your target car complete. I'll be releasing a firestone set very soon.:)

• Like Like x 2
  6. puffitheone

puffitheone

Ratings:
    +328
    Oh that is nice to hear..Yea of this tyres i´ve waited.now is the car complete:inlove:I´m soooo happy now

7. ernestopaniccia

ernestopaniccia

Ratings:
    +13
    can you drive the soft mediums and hards in the wet?

8. aagancia

aagancia

Ratings:
    +787
    no, it does not change the grip level of the tyre compund. Just the skins. But, a quick tweak on the render-materials.xml can swap any of the tyre into the inter or wet slot.

9. headeater

headeater

Ratings:
    +0
    It would have been nice a mod in which teams would use different tyres and that would also change their perfomance as once it used to be in F1

10. Melphiz

Melphiz
    [TruckSim-Map Team]

Ratings:
    +193
    Why is there no tyreXXX_blur.tga? I mean, you've replaced
    but there are only tyreXXX.tga and tyreXXX_mask.tga, I wonder how it works.

11. aagancia

aagancia

Ratings:
    +787
    tyreXXX.tga - contains textures for the static tyre wall and alpha channels for the dry tyre branding.
    tyreXXX_blur.tga- contains textures for the spinning tyre wall and alpha channels for the wet tyre branding.

The difference between using the spinning tyre wall texture and not is nearly none. Personally, I just cannot see its effect while the car is in motion. Also, since I do not use the alpha channels in this mod, I just decided to not use the tyreXXX_blur.tga to keep the render xml simple and keep the pssg file size at a minimum.

You can also apply the same technique if you are working on a multi tyre mod for each team/car to minimize the amount of textures you need to import into each car pssg.

12. Melphiz

Melphiz
    [TruckSim-Map Team]

Ratings:
    +193
    Well, I copied the tyremed which was set as replacement for TBlurTyreMap at the general tyre_walls and used it as tyre_blur and placed it into those tyres w/o blur. Though, I agree I don't really notice the blur anyway, at least not with multi tyres render file.

I still struggle whether I should keep the colors all zero as using 13 different tyre walls may ruin the optic.