Fictional Content?

Hey guys so Luke and I have been chatting after I played some Ridge Racer 7 and I told him how awesome it would be if someone created a very realistic rFactor mod of the ridge racer cars. Luke said that's a bad idea and that sim racers aren't interested in fictional cars and content. So I'm asking the community. Do you guys like fictional cars (designed within reason and not ridiculous batmobile like) and content? Do you think a rFactor mod of the Ridge Racer GT cars would be awesome? :D

Not a fan of Ridge Racer myself so it would have to be a no, however I have no objection to fictional content so long as the cars are well thought out, have good physics and are fun. For example, a mod which just had ridiculous grip and wasn't very realistic wouldn't be very appealing.

I don't think sim racers really mind whether what they are driving is fictional or not - so long as it looks decent, and drives properly.

I completely agree with Chris, except I don't know Ridge Racer so I don't know if I would like it or not:)
I think there's a clear evidence about simracers having no problem with fictional cars: LFS.
And I also drove a fictional electrical car made for rFactor and it was fine, I had no problems with it, it seemed to be quite what I expected from a car like that. I also have no problems with the fictional cars in netKar Pro, or Race 07 (WTCC Xtreme, Formula RR).

Ridge Racer 6 and 7... Kamata, Age, Danver and quite a few other fictional makes and models would look great in a modern sim with a cockpit camera (Just imagine having the exact gauges made for the Ridge Racer cars modeled and added into a realistic cockpit... I would love that!) Ridge Racer was one of my favorite arcade car racing games when I was younger ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back