Fiat Barchetta Riviera

Last update this year :)

I would like to wish everybody a happy new year! A year for Racer to advance in becoming the most attractive plattform around and a creative community to make best use of it!

I'll post a few more screenshots of my recent Barchetta model:

Till next year then! :)

She's already now rather concerned. And she actually has a point because I do zoom-in, zoom-out, rotate, zoom-in, zoom-out, rotate single objects for hours and hours. The result of months of work is pictured above. Well that is a little bit lame, is it? I could have fixed that loose coat hook at our wardrobe a 1000 times, could I?

Edit: I, er.., do it now..

Ahah, the Fiat is looking amazing, after watching TG's "the three wise man" special, I want to drive it even more :p

Keep up the good work and happy new year for you too! :)

Now come on.. I love Japs, but the MX-5 is seriously slow and underpowered! I suppose I don't know the Fiat's power, but it definitely looks more exciting :tongue:

The goal of these small roadsters isn't speed, but handling. Just look at ancient MG's and Triumphs. Some had 1300cc engines, but were still fun as hell to drive (mostly because of their lightness, but an MK1 MX-5 isn't heavy either)! A 100hp MX-5 is already more than enough to get you into some trouble :p

My dad drifted with a 50hp mighty Fiat 1100 back in the 60's, so... :p

I know it's not all about the power, but the MX-5 just seems to need more lol. A good car none-the-less, it's on my list of possible first cars :tongue:

Great to see some new pics! It's a great model and I can't wait to drive it (although I'm driving a barchetta everyday).

hierefas, could you send me some pictures of the back of the car from various perspectives, showing the mesh structure? I am not 100% happy with the area above the rear lights. This area may be one the most complicated parts of the car, it's even difficult to assess it standing next to the real car because it looks completely different depending on perspective and light conditions. Did you like the sound files I sent?

KS95, The barchetta performs 131hp at 6300rpm (max 7150rpm), 167Nm at 4300rpm, 8,9s 0-100km/h, 200km/h top speed. That is similar to the contemporary Mazda MX-5 top model, the 1994-98 1.9i 16V.

I wish you all a happy new year!

barchettaback.jpg

Ahah, the Fiat is looking amazing, after watching TG's "the three wise man" special, I want to drive it even more :p

Keep up the good work and happy new year for you too! :)
I'll be honest haven't really noticed this thread until now and after seeing the "three wise men" TG special. now i want to drive one. and I have to say I'd have a Barchetta Rivera if they were sold in America, because it seems like an Italian car will have more soul in just 1 bolt from it. then just about any other car will. Of course I kind of want another personal car because my PT doesn't do so good on gas and after seeing that I kind of want one of those, except I want my PT to be a summer car. lol

anyways more OT the model looks good and hierafas, just tell your girlfriend that once your finished with it you'll let her drive it lol.

It's in! I just wanted to see how it looks in Racer. There is still plenty to do: The model still needs refinement (mirrors, details, mapping), new shader system needs to be learned, understood and applied, physics...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back