FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

The FIA has a record of all radio transmissions. All they have to do is look into that.

Suuuure :D Here a transcription of the radio conversation at Siongapur 08:

Flavio: "Nelsinho, are you fighting for the points?"
Nelsinho (with all the interference sound): "Noooo, I am noooot!"
Flavio: "OK, then, could you be so kind and crash yourself against a wall?"
Nelsinho: "Sure, what kind of crash you want Flavio? A or B"
Flavio: "Use B crash now, use B crash I repeat! We need a safety car and Fernado will win, try to don´t die mate"
Nelsinho: "OK, do not worry, if I die but we win is ok!"

I am sure it is what FIA will find... :D:D:D

Whether or not this really took place, has anyone heard of this tactic before? This is like the invention of the soccer player diving to be awarded a penalty shot. Now that the cat is out of the bag, what will happen the next time someone spins off and coincidentally his teammate had just pitted the lap before?

Suuuure :D Here a transcription of the radio conversation at Siongapur 08:

Flavio: "Nelsinho, are you fighting for the points?"
Nelsinho (with all the interference sound): "Noooo, I am noooot!"
Flavio: "OK, then, could you be so kind and crash yourself against a wall?"
Nelsinho: "Sure, what kind of crash you want Flavio? A or B"
Flavio: "Use B crash now, use B crash I repeat! We need a safety car and Fernado will win, try to don´t die mate"
Nelsinho: "OK, do not worry, if I die but we win is ok!"

I am sure it is what FIA will find... :D:D:D

They wont do this in race. It would of been Pre Planned Many Hours before and it will be a code word that would set it off. though this is really unlikely anyways.

Sure, I was joking James. :)

I can´t imagine it is really true. But, as my mate Xose said before, if it was Nelshino (in rage with Flavio) who claimed against Renault admiting he crashed a car following orders, he can consider his racing career as over.

Sure, I was joking James. :)

I can´t imagine it is really true. But, as my mate Xose said before, if it was Nelshino (in rage with Flavio) who claimed against Renault admiting he crashed a car following orders, he can consider his racing career as over.

I think you are right, who would employ him if it is him behind the investigation and he cannot proove it. Even if he can questions will stil lbe asked of his integrity. That said Alonso still got his drive at Renault with allegations of him trying to blackmail Ron Dennis/McLaren over the spygate scenario still hovering around. If it is Piquet it seems like a lose lose scenario for him.

Renault warned of serious consequences

1251791044.jpg

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has warned that there could be 'serious' consequences for both Nelson Piquet and Renault if an investigation into race-fixing at last year's Singapore Grand Prix uncovers anything suspicious.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78232

Cheking some videos in the net I found next one...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feXvqfttAuw&feature=related[/ame]

So, did Flavio also asked Nelsinho to almost hit the wall in the formation lap? Was he preparing the crash maneouver? :D

and look, this is the crash FIA is investigating...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-qAzNDTPo&feature=related[/ame]

As you see he loose the back of the car in a very similar way.

Renault summoned by FIA's WMSC

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78321

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/

Renault has been summoned to appear before an extraordinary hearing of the FIA's World Motor Sport Council later this month to answer charges that it caused a deliberate crash in last year's Singapore GP.

The team's representative have been asked to appear at the hearing, which takes place in Paris on September 21, to respond to claims that Nelson Piquet's crash in the night race was intentional - with the aim of helping team-mate Fernando Alonso win.

Never know, maybe Piquet spun on the formation lap to distract stewards (if there was a conspiracy which I doubt there was). That was, stewards would think he was just having a bad race.

The article speaks of "fresh evidence" yet it also asserts that it's not clear whether Piquet was a 'catalyst', so I wonder if it's in a form other than an admission by Piquet. Fun times ahead...

This new information just makes it harder to believe for me, I don't recall Renault being in any shape to even think about a win with the way they performed in practice and qualifying. If this is going to come down to a conversation in a meeting before the race between three people then who are you going to believe, I'd have to have pretty hard evidence to believe the version of events from a driver who was sacked from the team because of his poor performance and who went on to berate his former boss.

Symonds: "It's true, during the Sunday meeting with Piquet the issue of deliberately causing a SC deployment came up, but it was proposed by Piquet himself. It was just a conversation."

Briatore:"I also remember that Piquet at Singapore was in a very fragile state of mind."

LOOOOOOOOOL Piquet did it on purpose can't believe it :talktohand:

It seems the FIA found some good evidence...

Why should Piquet propose something like that ?
Thats totaly silly. Now they say it was all Piquet idea but, it seams he has been forced to do it, then he gets a contract for the next year... lol and Piquet did it looool

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

This is a disaster. Renault management are out of their minds if they think they are absolved just because (they claim) it was Piquet's idea (and nobody will believe that it was his idea). Shame on Piquet Sr. too. What a circus.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back