FIA to award double points in F1 final race

a new league ,,with no regulations,,other as "the fastest WINS !!! '

that way we get to see nice races

and all teams develop their own technical gadgets

so technology would evolve,,and that would be fun to watch too

ok waking up back in the realm now where people in suits just use f1 as a milkcow to draw money
,,and restrict technical advancement and speed
to be able to rip that last dime out

who are we kidding anyway ?

the F1 has turned from a raceseries ,,to bernies moneylaundry circus

i still watch the races,,but without the enthousiasm and involvement i used to have
last 10 years i cant even be bothered if i miss a race'

sickening how rules an restrictions decide winners and also championship titles

luckyly those incidents in Brasil ,when the FIA is beeing shown they are not the only criminals in town
put a smile on my face
when whole racinghomes including that weeks racecar are stolen

but at hindsight ,,bernie might have hired those goons too,,to influence the last race ;-)

maybe the best ,,if they have that new rule with double points
then they can influence the championship without the crime and politics

even better
make it a jury sport like boxing

at the end of a race ,bernie announces who was chosen the winner

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking.

If Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lotus, McLaren, Force India, Sauber, Williams, Torro Rosso, Marussia and Caterham all came out and said if the 'double points' rule is to be applied we ain't racing in 2014, do you think the FIA would make a stance or back down and revert back to current point format?

Would the FIA be able to threaten the teams with a 'breach of contract' suit, if they did make a stance against the double point fiasco, thus forcing the teams to back down?

I'm just throwing these Q's around trying to see if there is any scope for negotiation for the teams or whether the double point rule has been applied and there is no room for manoeuvre.

Yes...
How will FIA be able to make money out of F1 if no a single team is racing? :)

The teams are all contractually bound by the FIA to appear at every race or face HUGE fines and sanctions and probably exclusion from the championship.

Hence why no one followed through on their threats to boycott Bahrain in 2012

Instead of double points it would be much nicer if they extend the range of awarded points to lets say the top 15 drivers or even the top 20 drivers.

Would make the overall championship much more exciting especially for the smaller teams.

i actually read a suggestion somewhere on the interwebz that said that points should be awarded all the way down to and including the final position. that's something i could definitely get on board with, would potentially make the racing exciting all the way down the field because every battle would be for points.

i actually read a suggestion somewhere on the interwebz that said that points should be awarded all the way down to and including the final position. that's something i could definitely get on board with, would potentially make the racing exciting all the way down the field because every battle would be for points.

Indeed, but it will also cheapen points a bit in my opinion. I think it could work, but then there must be a provision that says for example a team only gets points prize money for every point they get over 100, or any number seen as fit, since the minimum you will get in this case would be 57 (3x19), assuming the last 2 positions are worth 1 and 2 points respectively.

Indeed, but it will also cheapen points a bit in my opinion. I think it could work, but then there must be a provision that says for example a team only gets points prize money for every point they get over 100, or any number seen as fit, since the minimum you will get in this case would be 57 (3x19), assuming the last 2 positions are worth 1 and 2 points respectively.

I'm not sure that it matters really. Last place in the constructors championship gets no prize money at the moment.

Of course if there were points all the way down the field, then first place would need to be worth much more, e.g. 100 points.

The other side to this argument is the fact that in F1 getting points is supposed to be difficult.

As to which side I'm on - I'm torn.

I dislike Vettel being so unbeatable. But this is not the way. If he wins 4 times in a row then he and Red Bull are clearly doing 'Something' right. No way we should punish someone for being that good.

Know this is coming from a Raikonen Fan and wants to see Vettel dethroned but not through bull**** rules but through another driver and team figuring out the right mixture and going out there and just out performing Vettel.

You could have it where points are awarded all the way down for the drivers, but the Constructors points are still only allocated down to 10th place.

There''s nothing dafter than a team on 0pts beating another team on 0pts just because they finished the 13th in one race and the best the other team could do was 14th out of all 19 GP's.

If teams like Caterham and Marussia do once again end the Constructors season on 0pts, by having points for all individual drivers, these could then be used as the tie-breaker.

Hypothetically Marussia could finish higher than Caterham in one race all season (so as with this year, the get the higher place as far as Constructors places go). If the tie breaker goes to actual highest driver points gained through the season, then in the other races where Caterham were out finishing Marussia it would at least count for something, as come the seasons end, Marussia may have had the 13th place finish, but because in other races Caterham were conistently out performing Marussia for places 15th > 22nd, Caterham drivers scores 41pts and 38pts, whereas Marussia only managed 37pts and 34pts, so for the Constuctors tie breaker, the 41pts takes it, irrespective that Marussia managed a 13th place finish during the season.

;)

Today i read that Bernie gave interview in which he said that the MAIN option was that there are 3 GP's with double points, the last 3 of the Season. And he continued, "either it will be last 3 or there will be none"

I pray in the name of God and all who gave their lifes for F1 that this rule does not happen in 2014!!! Nor any year in the future!

What is happening to F1 racing?
It's become so darn 'manufactured'...it's almost like Ringling Brothers.
I started following this sport in 1971.
I can't remember a time when it was less about racing.

What is happening to F1 racing?
It's become so darn 'manufactured'...it's almost like Ringling Brothers.
I started following this sport in 1971.
I can't remember a time when it was less about racing.

New F1 fans would probably gave you answer like this: Less about what?!:(
I still wait for someone to wake me up and say I was having a night-mare.:cool:

I've read that the race promoters for the other races aren't happy because it makes Abu Dhabi seem more important than their race....

"But the really powerful opposition has come from promoters of other Grands Prix on the 19 race calendar, who have been on the phone to Ecclestone since the announcement, questioning the justification for the final race, in Abu Dhabi, to be considered “more important” than their race."

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/12/double-points-idea-for-final-f1-grand-prix-to-hit-the-buffers/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back