• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

FIA re-opens team selection process

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Bram, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,998
    The FIA has re-opened the selection procedure for the final place on the 2010 Formula 1 World Championship entry list, in the wake of BMW's announcement that it is withdrawing from the sport at the end of the year.

Full article here at Autosport.com

2. Richard Kay

Richard Kay

Ratings:
    +4
    I think they could of given Peter Sauber a bit more time to try and save the BMW team and maintain their Concorde Agreement benefits. They gave Honda/Brawn loads of time to sort things out. I know they practically had a car ready at that point but still, I think Sauber deserves a little more time.

3. Mark Birney

Mark Birney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +52
    What do you think? Prodrive? Aston Martin? Lola?

4. Richard Kay

Richard Kay

Ratings:
    +4
    I think it may just be Peter Sauber in the end, but at some cost.

5. Brian Duddy

Brian Duddy

Ratings:
    +6
    BMW will realize before too long, just as Honda did, that it'll cost them a lot more to shutter the team then to give it away... it may not be to Sauber if he keeps badmouthing them in the press, but I would be surprised if anyone other then the former Honda team ends up in that spot (which is, FYI, the 16 and 17 at the moment... ouch!)