1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

FIA GT 2008 mod v2.0

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by zand, Dec 26, 2009.

1. FIA GT 2008 Mod for GTR Evo v2.0 is released!

New in this version:
    - Reduced install size and corrected online issues (Thanks to Günthar Rowe);
    - Added missing helmets and suits;
    - Added cockpit interior details;
    - Corrected the MC12 and 575 GTC skins lack of detail bug;
    - Corrected the 575 GTC damage bug;
    - Corrected the Felbemeyr-IMSA Porsche link bug;
    - Corrected the Dodge Viper GTS-R error (in reality Chrysler Viper GTS-R);
    - Logos for STCC and GTR Evo Menus.

Installation:
    - Delete older version 1.0 (if installed) in: ...\GTR Evolution\GameData\Teams\FIA_GT_2008;
    - Extract to main GTR Evolution folder.

Attention!
    This version now uses some of the same ModelID’s as the GTL for GTREvo Mod (we are running out of ID´s, please Simbin help!).

Please remove following folder to say your desktop or somewhere for online play to work with either the GTL or FIA 2008 Mod´s:

...\GameData\Teams\GTL

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Hope you like it!

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Thanks!!

3. Thank you Ryan for the upload!:)

Thank you Bram for keep fixing the Mod! I smell a v2.1!:p

4. Thank You All involved. :)

5. How do I install this mod just for Race 07?

6. You need GTR Evolution for it to work

7. ok I installed it but everytime I try to run this mod i get a CTD. any ideas?

8. Bram

Bram

Did you uninstall the 1.0 version first?

9. Do you have GTR Evolution?

10. I was told I can install mods without having the expansion packs? I actually have 5 mods working in Race 07, just this one doesn't work.

11. Bram

Bram

Not when there are original cars in directly from GTR Evo. Just buy the expansion, those 5 bucks wont hurt

12. I've setup a server but keep getting booted as possible cheat when i join it, i've removed GTL and a lot of other mods... any ideas?

13. Tested some other cars and its the Aston that gets me booted, not tested them all yet.

14. Bram

Bram

I only have that with the Vertigo, all other cars are okay to join with online.

15. As I posted in the old v1.0 thread talking to Skinny, there are some issues I still need to fix to run on a server....

16. It's $20 in my local store. just checked today. lol

17. Hi guys had an hour of fun and testing with the MOD online...
    Server: RD FIAGT08 public server

Game Version: (STEAM) Race07+Evo+STCC+On

Instant boot as possible cheat:

• C6R
    • C5R
    • DB9R
    • Vertigo
    • MT900R

Keeps advancing to next session (continuous loop):

• Murcielago

All is ok:

• MC12
    • Viper

Personal opinion:

• The "Murcielago problem" is some sort of mod glitch...
    • All SimBin original content (except Viper) keeps booting me as possible cheat... importunately; the Viper who has its name (rightly) changed from Dodge to Chrysler doesn't have this problem. Easy possible problem solution... change the "name" (and obviously all “pointers” corresponding to it) of the cars that are shared with original SimBin content. For instances, just add "_" at the end of the "Aston" or whatever...
    The mod looks very promising and I really hope this mod will be the one unifying all the other previews “mini” GT mods before it (PTsims GT mod, Porsche-Ferrari mod and others…).
    Cheers & thanks for your work & effort,

18. thanks for the breakdown :)

I fixed the Lambo already... was a file name length issue that I have come up against before....

The original content that is "reused" is slowly coming right.... but it's not the cars name that causes the issue... It'll get sorted....

19. My knowledge of moding doesn’t go very far from the good & old copy-paste, so a sort of naive but logical eventual solution had to be “tried” :p

…Keep your speedy recovery:)