FIA announces 2010 F1 entry list

Please... I think that the budget cap would be a great Idea, so lets work out the maths shall we?

10 teams atm- 4 teams against the budgetcap = 6 teams + 7 new teams = The 13 teams Bernie want for next year. On the basis of the new teams will all budget cap, it should be interesting.

Eventually Bernie will give in (and the teams know that). Bernie has signed contracts with all GP organizers and they agreed to have a certain amount of drivers at the start. If Bernie cant guarantee that amount of drivers he will be sued and feels it in his own wallet! And Bernie doesn't like to loose more money then he already did by divorcing that giant wife of him.

I love it how everyone says "Thank god " when Ferrari say they're gonna quit, and carry on with stuff like that, but when Renault says the same, not a peep is heard....:struggle:

lol. Force india is way over:)

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2008/09/22/toyota-has-biggest-f1-budget-4456m/

2008 F1 team resources

Including sponsorship, supplier deals, prize money, team owner contributions, tyre provision and supply of customer engines where appropriate.

Toyota: $445.6m
McLaren: $433.3m
Ferrari: $414.9m
Honda: $398.1m
Renault: $393.8m
BMW Sauber: $366.8m
Red Bull Racing: $164.7m
Williams: $160.6m
Toro Rosso: $128.2m
Force India: $121.85m
Super Aguri: $45.6m

Gonna make a huge impact:) Super Aguri could take them all

Way the force be with Aguri when they return :) 40m is not much ofcourse, but the goal to cut costs seems logical. F1 was once a form of motorsports and it should return to that state.
Driver are way over paid. I heard Kimi gets 20m from Ferrari (lol for 20 races?) for instance. Thats absurd.
In the old days the F1 drivers had to join other series too to get a reasonable income (Touringcars, LeMans 24H, Indy500, Can-Am <---:woop:). I dont mind them doing the same now. Mercedes and Red Bull drivers can earn some bucks stepping into the DTM cars i've read.

And i think Ferrari doesnt matter leaving either since they already support the A1GP series with chassis and engines, which makes it a Ferrari show..

Myself i think F1 should get a total revamp and ban all mainstream manufactures from team ownership!
It is not as if you can walk into a showroom and buy a F1 Renault off the shelf and i am sure no buyer of a Renault hatchback is influenced in his decision to purchase the car based on the F1 teams glory (or lack of it)
It should be a sport for motor enthusiasts with no one team having a greater influence than the other and the involvement of the manufactures should be limited to the sale of the drive train only.
Leave the manufactures to race in other leagues like GT or Touring car where the Ferrari or Renault or whatever it may be still resembles the cars for sale in the showroom.

It's 20m over a number of years I think, not per year. Schumacher had a similar contract 25m over 3 or 4 yrs I seem to recall.

I've said it elsewhere that even with the advantages of a 40m cap it isn't enough for the teams under it to use all the technical freedoms. Test days cost money, do more, spend more. KERS costs loads and a team that doesn't have it already would spend three quarters of a 40m budget just to get it to Ferrari's stage of development. The movable wings seem the cheapest advantage and also the most efficient in terms of bang for your buck. Engineers are estimating that movable rear wings alone could give a 2 second per lap advantage.

But we are just slipping along on Max's pipe dream here and it just won't happen.

• Wido Rossen

I thought Renault would be happy with the restriction as there main sponsor ING is to quit at the end of this year.
But apparently there not....i guess that new megane is a million seller.

The sad thing is that the manufactures don't seem to understand that in these times it's not done to spend so much money on Formula One while in normal life those companies have to let go a lot of paid workers (and their families).

Explain to Mr. #345 from the Renault factory that he is to be fired but his boss spends 100 million on the development of a formula 1 car..

The last ten years the costs and the sponsordeals just went up up and up, and its us, the fans, that have to pay for it.

Take Spa: they lost 5,000,000 euro's last year by organising the Grand Prix of Belgium. Only 57,000 spectators were present according to RTL GP. Thats less then the amount of fans that went to the A1GP on Zandvoort. That should ring a bell.

Its cheaper to take your wife and three kids a week to Turkey on holiday then buying one single F1 ticket for Spa

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%