Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
If you like it, I recommend it! :)

The Dynamic mode is completely fake, it will try to maximize gain at all times. It is fun, and for weak wheels it will provide a decent compromise, but the only really accurate mode is the "normal". It will not allow more than 5% clipping, which is not something you will feel at all. The other modes are a compromise to allow some more clipping if your wheel is weak, to allow for some useful feedback even on staights and shallow curves. The Dynamic mode won't ever "finish", since it is a constant correction.

Last edited:
Hi, after the latest AC update the FFBClip doesn't work for me anymore, after i start a race it loads but then returns to menu, if I disable FFBClip the game works.

Hi, well I couldn't find any logs but deleted the FFBClip folder and started the game, left again and installed the FFBClip again and now it works! hmm... thank you for the quick response :)

Aslong as you have the app active it will save the track and car combo gain, and load it the next time you start that particular combo.

This behaviour can be controlled from the FFBClip.ini file.

Atle Dreier updated FFBClip app with a new update entry:

Histogram mode added

Changelog:
v4.2

Added histogram mode, and made it the default method.

Histogram stores the time spent at each force level, and use that as a basis to calculate the gain needed. This results in a much more stable compromise, and it's much more solid for "difficult" tracks like Spa and Nordschleife.

Read the rest of this update entry...

UI cleanup and bugfixes

V4.3 Changelog
* Cleaned up the code significantly
* Cleaned up the UI significantly
* Split the Dynamic mode from the profiles to a separate button. Dynamic mode will now always set "Auto" mode, and always disable auto mode when toggled back off
* Finally added a reset button

With the new method you can end up "chasing" the gain a little in manual mode in the beginning. This is due to the fact the app will have too little data to make a reliable...

Hey awesome app I just have a questions setting it up. I have PreferredProfile=3. PreferredMode is set to 0 for all 3. Should this make the app start in dynamic mode? It says dynamic but it only changes clipping once or twice and doesn't look like dynamic. When I hit dynamic it goes in to dynamic with constant adjusting clipping. What should I have setup to make it start in dynamic? It was working for me before with the preferred profile setting.

Last edited:
I'm new to this so don't have much experience. I got it working but it says controls.ini file is missing.
Go to your AC folder and open ...\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\FFBClip.ini (you could use Notepad+). Then at the bottom, enter the path to your controls.ini from your AC folder in MyDocuments (ex. Path= F:\My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini).

Bugfix and "Light" mode

V4.3.1
* Added "Light" mode. This will allow very little clipping
* Fixed the Target Gain calculation. It should now work as expected. With very low target gains you may exerience some clipping even in light mode (TG less than 60%). This is due to the new method and some limitations I had to make for performance and clarity.

Is there a way to revert any changes the app makes? I had slight ffb clipping here and there before installing but now it's full clipping in all corners after removing. It's like when you run in manual mode.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%