PC1 FFB XML files available for enhanced feel (from Jack Spade)

Jack Spade shared his FFB Tweaker Files to enhance the FFB feel. I find them very good so I thought I'd share them here (I used the SopLateral ones).

I´ve been asked by WMD members to post my FFB Tweaker Files here in this new forum too..... here they are
smile.png

What is it?

It´s a text file (xml) containing the same parameters you find on the individual Car Setup FFB Pages. Once the tweaker files are activated the
game ignores just the FFB settings on these pages. There is an optimized individual file for each and every car.

In pCARS FFB is directly derivated from the individual car/tire physics hence universal, so the files will work on any type of wheel.
It´s the core of FFB, if something is out of tune here it can´t be corrected by the wheel preset parameters later down the line, this is the most
important part of FFB tuning. BTW the SMS guys did a great job developing the car and tire physics and all other stuff for this game.

This FFB system enables you to tune all important physical forces that occur. It´s a great system, but there are a few traps or oddities that
must be considered. As a long-time WMD member I constantly followed game development and adjusted the files accordingly numerous times,
so learning about the stuff and how to make it really work well despite the traps and oddities probably most of you are unaware of.

How do I use the files?

The posting contains 2 different sets of files - Standard and Fy+Soplateral Mix
Inside a folder called "FFB". This folder must go in > My Documents/Project CARS .....Note, only one FFB folder at a time.

The tweaker files get activated by just starting the game. - Again, the car FFB setup pages are ignored. You can deactivate the files by renaming
the FFB folder.

What´s the difference between the sets?

1. Standard - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

Note: I prefer the latter.

In combo with the following global FFB settings, the files are designed to transmit an optimized FFB signal of the individual car to the wheel
avoiding FFB clipping to a great extend. There still is some clipping when you hold the wheel at 45-90 degrees turning angle and drive on high
kerbs. In this case strong forces occur at the same time causing the bumps/kerbs signals to clip slightly, but still acceptable.
What you see on the FFB monitor is transmitted to the wheel. I don´t recommend to increase Tire Force cause FFB signals are already close to
the limit.

Global FFB settings: FFB = 100, Tire Force = 100 -> Very important, FFB ALWAYS at 100 any wheel!

Force Feedback Calibration Page:

Relative Adjust Gain 1.10 (1.00 okay also)
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.95

Deadzone Removal Range: is wheel depending....as a CSW v2 user I have it at 0.

CSW v2 users who like it really clean without force loss try this: Tire Force = 70, FOR = 140

The files are PC only, but the parameter values can be converted for all platforms - multiplicator 100

Jack Spade Tweaker Files V1.4.1.zip

Lykan Hypersport added to complete the list, no other changes.

here is a direct link (can't upload .rar here): http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=89585612779828091777

I have the GT2 wheel (with clubsport pedals), would either of the settings in the thread link work for this wheel?
Yes the settings are wheel agnostic. Works for all wheels. What you may have to play with is the ingame Tire Force and FFB settings.
Start with both at 100 and see how it feels and use the telemetry HUD to see if you are getting FFB clipping.

Yes the settings are wheel agnostic. Works for all wheels. What you may have to play with is the ingame Tire Force and FFB settings.
Start with both at 100 and see how it feels and use the telemetry HUD to see if you are getting FFB clipping.
Ah sorry, I meant the Fanatec wheel settings that Rob Simms linked to in his post, but thanks anyway.

I tried the files last night on my CSWv2 and like them a lot. I did, however, use his suggestion to turn down the Tire Force to 70 and then increase the on-wheel FOR setting to 140 (later turned this down to 120) as the wheel was too heavy and the effects seemed a bit overdone - especially Fz (vertical). I also set the on-wheel DRI setting to 3 to give a much cleaner feel and an easier turning wheel. Feels good! Certainly think the game should come with these "profiles" already baked. As, you can only change global or on-wheel/driver settings when using the files - as the rest is ignored.

As a post script, road detail is improved with the files but the big improvement is in feeling progressive tire slip and car movement. I'm becoming more of the opinion, though, the tracks themselves are the real culprit and do not have the detail to improve road feel (even the laser-scanned). When I get to try with my buttkicker again I hope it helps as the LFE effects this game has really are outstanding.

So... my current settings:

In game:
Tire force: 70
FFB: 100

My Documents: Jack spade's XML files

On-Wheel (changes from default): I added a profile on wheel just for Pcars now.
FOR: 120
DRI: 3

Hope this helps others get more from the FFB. The game is truly a bunch of fun.

Last edited:
I tried the files last night on my CSWv2 and like them quite a lot. I did, however, use his suggestion to turn down the Tire Force to 70 and then increase the on-wheel FOR setting to 140 (later turned this down to 120) as the wheel was too heavy and the effects seemed a bit overdone - especially Fz (vertical). I also set the on-wheel DRI setting to 3 to give a much cleaner feel and an easier turning wheel. Feels good! Certainly think the game should come with these "profiles" already baked. As, you can only change global or on-wheel/driver settings when using the files - as the rest is ignored.

As a post script, road detail is improved with the files but the big improvement is in feeling progressive tire slip and car movement. I'm becoming more of the opinion, though, the tracks themselves are the real culprit and do not have the detail to improve road feel (even the laser-scanned). When I get to try with my buttkicker again I hope it helps as the LFE effects this game has really are outstanding.

So... my current settings:

In game:
Tire force: 70
FFB: 100

My Documents: Jack spade's XML files

On-Wheel (changes from default): I added a profile on wheel just for Pcars now.
FOR: 120
DRI: 3

Hope this helps others get more from the FFB. The game is truly a bunch of fun.
I'm not sure if this applies to fanatec only as I have a thrustmaster t300...but what is FOR and DRI?

I'm not sure if this applies to fanatec only as I have a thrustmaster t300...but what is FOR and DRI?

As far as I know, they are only Fanatec. On-wheel settings for their wheels. FOR is the level, or volume, of the FFB forces and DRI is the level of dampening (friction) the wheel adds to turn the wheel. For the v2, the higher the DRI setting the less friction (OFF oddly is default and not "off").

I know we sim racers always ask for more adjustments...but sheesh it feels like we are months away from getting setups :) No matter, I am sure that we will get a equivalent 'RealFeel' like standard soon enough.

Does anyone know what these do? I am surprised that these are all "off" and I do not recall seeing them in the in-game menus. (edit: I would check myself but I am at work currently).

<value DisableDynamicSpring="true"/>
<value DisableLockSpring="true"/>
<value DisableSlowSpring="true"/>
<value DisableScrub="true"/>
<value DisableThrottleVibe="true"/>
<value DisableJolt="true"/>
<value DisableWheelSpin="true"/>
<value DisableGearChange="true"/>
<value DisableRumbleStrip="true"/>

Which files did you use? I used the second folder and it definitively changed the feel of the wheel (I have a TX). I feel much more the back loosing grip and what the car is doing. But I agree though, they don't change the game, there is still almost no center feel when going in straight line and there is probably no settings that will really change that. SMS needs to tweak how the ffb is rendered in the game.
Edit: also don't forget to make the changes in the game general ffb settings as describe in Jack's post.

I did everything exactly as posted in the original post. It does change the feel of each car but not in a good way for me using a Fanatec CSW v2. Causes a lot of problem really with many vehicles. To each their own I suppose.

so what car setup ffb do you use do you reset them before installing these files?

actually feels not better than my own.

tyre force 85

SOp & body at 6%

Don't you dare disagree that the posted settings aren't GODLY.

I know we sim racers always ask for more adjustments...but sheesh it feels like we are months away from getting setups :) No matter, I am sure that we will get a equivalent 'RealFeel' like standard soon enough.

Does anyone know what these do? I am surprised that these are all "off" and I do not recall seeing them in the in-game menus. (edit: I would check myself but I am at work currently).

I think most of them are old settings not used anymore. The two I'm sure about are DisableLockSpring which remove the soft lock for cars using less than your DOR and DisableSlowSpring which disable the standstill ffb.

so what car setup ffb do you use do you reset them before installing these files?

actually feels not better than my own.

tyre force 85

SOp & body at 6%

You don't need to do anything in the car setups, they're overridden. But don't forget to change the global ffb settings to: FFB = 100, Tire Force = 100 and in the ffb calibration page:
Relative Adjust Gain 1.10 (1.00 okay also)
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.95

I did everything exactly as posted in the original post. It does change the feel of each car but not in a good way for me using a Fanatec CSW v2. Causes a lot of problem really with many vehicles. To each their own I suppose.

Don't you dare disagree that the posted settings aren't GODLY.

Every wheel is different I guess. And don't get me wrong, the ffb doesn't instantly become the best in the world, it's still much lacking in the center and not as good as some other sims but at least for me it's usable now. There surely is a lot of BS going on the official PC forums...

@Pustul

Don't get me wrong, I'm still playing the game every day. I got 29 hours logged so far, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I've spent a lot of time tweaking FFB settings and I'm still not fully satisfied.

Glad you posted the settings though for those people that are happy with them.

Thanks to the OP! These xml settings have made a massive difference on my TM500RS wheel. I had previously set up all the FFB using suggestions in other threads on here, and was still quite disappointed with the results, but this xml file has made a huge difference and now the game is starting to feel how I think it should - more comparable to AC and GSCE now.

might sound dumb here, i have looked at my docs folder in p cars and can find no force feedback folders or settings to dump the xml file into, there are 2 folders 1 called records and 1 called ugc and both are empty. do i just put the tweaker files in project cars folder and that will be the ffb folder. sorry guys for sounding a bit thick as i am new to all this, so any help would be really appreciated

might sound dumb here, i have looked at my docs folder in p cars and can find no force feedback folders or settings to dump the xml file into, there are 2 folders 1 called records and 1 called ugc and both are empty. do i just put the tweaker files in project cars folder and that will be the ffb folder. sorry guys for sounding a bit thick as i am new to all this, so any help would be really appreciated

Yes, its that folder you should put it in. No worries, just ask, thats not a stupid question alot of user are not sure if thats the correct folder "my self Included" becuse it does not replace an old xlm file, it just ads the new one that overrides the ingame carspecific FFB page.

They are canned "fake" effects that where disabled before release becuse WMD members voted that they didnt want fake effects, it does not matter if u enter "false" the settings are disabled.

They are basically more FFB effects, such as tire scrub etc, sometimes the game bugges out and tire scrub is felt, you can see it as a white line under the yellow line while driving.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 132 13.8%