1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFB tweek for G27

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Tomas Kapoulas, May 2, 2015.

1. Hi guys
    A tweak for use with G27. Use with caution and if you don't know what you re doing keep away from here :)
    No seriously.. You might damage your wheel or even yourself..

First go in to the game and set ffb to 40,30,0. Its important to do this before you copy the file for safety reasons.
    Then download the file, remove txt extension and copy it to your game forcefeedback folder. Overwright.

If you want to test it with other wheels then change:
    <FFBEffectSelfAligningTorque device="wheel" scale="100.0"/> to 1.0. This is only a workaround for g27 ffb deadzone. Again.. if you don't know what you re doing keep away.

Change log:
    Tweaked ffb deadzone
    Added some road effects and made landings more alive
    Added gear change vibrations

Don't ask for skid effects. They don't exist in game yet. Only codies can fix it. For now they only work on gamepads and if you enable them for use with wheel they just add rumble and no actual skid effect!

Edit: New File.
    Change Log2:
    -Tweaked road effects (you now might be able to see some deference between different road conditions eg. light/medium/heavy gravel)
    -Added Rev effect
    -Some minor other tweaks..

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I have personally tried these settings and without any correction, it drives well in all tracks and with all the current car, try and tell ...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. With 50/40/10 in game i think its clipping. I loose all road effects.

Edit: I play with 900deg. and with one hand on the wheel the other on H-Shifter.
    So weaker FFB makes it easier to control.

4. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    You can call me "V" :D Premium Member

Thx buddy, i just try it and it feels good for me!!! ;)
    I just change the ingame settings to 20/30/10

5. hmm, now that some brave souls have tried it maybe ill give it a shot. hesitant bc im actually 'ok' with my current tweak, not sure if it can get much better w/out CM doing a rewrite...ofc i can always switch back -- unless i break the wheel, that is. or a wrist. scary stuff in that first post!

6. works very well thank you :thumbsup:

7. New file guys.. check first post

8. what's the updates?

9. -Tweaked road effects (you now might be able to see some deference between different road conditions eg. light/medium/heavy gravel)
    -Added Rev effect
    -Some minor other tweaks.. (a bit weaker collision effects and a bit stronger gear change effect)

10. cool good job !!!

11. Tnx man, i use this settings for my g25 and its really good! now i can have somen fun with this game...

12. Great job with this one,feels really good with g27 360 degrees and 20,30,10 ingame .

13. Tried everything else but only this one did it, really good, i was having a hard time with the deadzone in the middle! 360 degrees and 20,30,10 ingame

14. Guys try it with 900 deg. It s better and i think easier to drive. With these settings ffb is weak but alive so it lets you turn the wheel fast enough. I think its much better and closer to reality with 900.

15. Apparently Group N cars go lock-to-lock in 1.7 turns (612 degrees), and I'm sure WRC cars are around 400-540 degrees.

16. I hope they add this ingame so i can set my logitech profiler to 900 and forget about it and the game adjusts for each car