1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFB per car

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by William Wester, May 25, 2015.

1. The FFB with my TX feels pretty good across the board but today I tried the Mazda 787B by Makcorp and found the FFB much too strong. Can someone explain how FFB is configured "per car"?
  2. its in the controller options, FFB defaults at 1.0 & i think 4 smoothing, you just tune it per car from there. very simple.
  3. I assume the FFB settings from the main menu - Options/Controls has an effect on all cars. But, if I go to the track (Practice/Qual/Race) and set the FFB (Settings/Controls) then leave the track (back out to main menu), the Car Specific Multi and Smoothing (Options/Controls) are the same as I set for the car while on the track. Is there another location to set the "per car" FFB?
  4. Nope, it's the same screen in a different place is all.
    The file these settings are saved to is : rF2Data\UserData\player\all_vehicles.ini
  5. So, if I change the FFB settings on the track (Settings/Controls) how does that not effect the other cars - the main screen Options/Controls has also been changed?
    This sounds like a idiot question but there are two places to change the FFB settings and both change the other - it's not clear how this is a "per car" setting.
  6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

For the Mazda i've set the FFB multiplier to 0.2. It doesn't effect other cars.
    rF2 remembers you've set it to 0.2 for that car only. If you select an other Mazda you'll need to change it again. It doesn't remember it per class or car group.

So rF2 remembers your FFB multiplier per single car. :)

BTW: i've never changed things in .ini files.
  7. Ok, for some reason I was thinking the on track Settings/Controls settings were the "per car" settings and the main menu Options/Controls was the overall settings - thinking they were separate settings but they are the same just adjusted in different areas. Once another car is loaded the settings revert back to the default or the car settings that was saved previously. Very easy, but not idiot proof :x3: