1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Msportdan, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

FFb FIXED !!!!!! Brilliant FFB RBR now can officially move over!!!

alter following values - change "pad" to wheel seems cm forgot to change the values..

into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\forcefeedback\effectsetup.xml in word pad.

copy and paste below line......
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <FFBEffects soloRampRate="1000" soloAttenuation="0">
    <FFBEffectSelfAligningTorque device="wheel" scale="1.1"/>
    <FFBlateral device="wheel" scale="1.0" velocityFactor="0.03" frictionGripScalar="70.0" frictionSurfaceScalar="5.0"/>
    <FFBCollision device="wheel" scale="0.75" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.3" sample="smallCollisionWheel"/>
    <FFBCollision device="wheel" scale="0.75" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.6" sample="largeCollisionWheel"/>
    <FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="0.17" thresholdLow=".4" thresholdHigh="20.0" freq="5" length="0.4" sample="suspensionWheel"/>
    <FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="1.0" thresholdLow="2.5" thresholdHigh="20.0" freq="5" length="0.4" sample="suspensionWheel"/>
    <FFBCollision device="pad" scale="0.07" thresholdLow="0.01" thresholdHigh="0.6" damageZone="0" freq="20.0" length="0.1" sample="scrapeCollisionLow"/>
    <FFBCollision device="pad" scale="0.07" thresholdLow="0.01" thresholdHigh="0.6" damageZone="0" freq="20.0" length="0.1" sample="scrapeCollisionHigh"/>
    <FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.2" sample="smallCollisionLow"/>
    <FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.2" sample="smallCollisionHigh"/>
    <FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.5" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.5" sample="largeCollisionLow"/>
    <FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.5" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.5" sample="largeCollisionHigh"/>
    <FFBSkid device="pad" scale="1.2" thresholdLow="0.9" thresholdHigh="1.1" thresholdMin="3.0" freqLow="4" freqHigh="30.0" load="1.0" length="0.2" sample="skidBack"/>
    <FFBSkid device="pad" scale="1.6" thresholdLow="1.0" thresholdHigh="1.3" thresholdMin="3.0" freqLow="16.0" freqHigh="16.0" load="1.0" length="0.1" sample="skidFront"/>
    <FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="0.4" thresholdLow="1.8" thresholdHigh="20.0" length="0.25" freq="9" sample="suspensionR1"/>
    <FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="0.4" thresholdLow="1.8" thresholdHigh="20.0" length="0.25" freq="9" sample="suspensionL1"/>
    <FFBRevs device="wheel" scale="0.25" thresholdLow="0.1" thresholdHigh="1.2" freqLow="1" freqHigh="18.0" scaleLow="0.2" scaleHigh="0.95" length="0.05" sample="revEffect"/>
    <FFBSample name="scrapeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="61125521121"/>
    <FFBSample name="scrapeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98721" channel="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="smallCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="986454321"/>
    <FFBSample name="smallCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="982312531"/>
    <FFBSample name="smallCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="986454321" channel="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="smallCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="982312531" channel="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="skidBack" wave="9" envelope="0" channel="1" solo="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="skidFront" wave="9" envelope="9" channel="1" solo="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="largeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="98675462584" solo="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="largeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="98765432629" solo="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="largeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98675462594" channel="1" solo="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="largeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98765432628" channel="1" solo="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="suspensionR1" wave="9" envelope="9564720" channel="0"/>
    <FFBSample name="suspensionL1" wave="1" envelope="9564720" channel="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="revEffect" wave="91" envelope="9" channel="1"/>
    <FFBSample name="smallCollisionWheel" wave="124689" envelope="97654321000"/>
    <FFBSample name="largeCollisionWheel" wave="5697641345" envelope="9879987542312"/>
    <FFBSample name="suspensionWheel" wave="64" envelope="9"/>
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. jimortality

Premium Member

What about your TM profile?
  3. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

what about it. hasn't changed..

seems Cm forgot to enable the suspension and revs ffb values.. My code changes activate it and hence you get full amazing FFB>!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. post on CM forums, maybe they will notice :)

gonna try your fix now
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

updated OP
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  7. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Premium Member

Great Work,Makes hell of a difference,you're a legend Thanks.
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Makes a difference, thanks - I had to even out the left and right suspension because the wheel was pulling to the right:

<FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="0.045" thresholdLow="0.06" thresholdHigh="1.0" length="0.1" freq="5" sample="suspensionR1"/>
    <FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="0.045" thresholdLow="0.06" thresholdHigh="1.0" length="0.1" freq="5" sample="suspensionL1"/>
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

Thank u wonder y was doing that cheers
  10. I had the same problem, this tweak fixed it though, thanks.

It has improved it but it sill needs a lot of work from Codies.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Will tomorrow test your ffb settings. Thanks in advance for this.

Did somebody of you notice very "weak" engine power and way to much grip?

Furthermore I will take a look at car physics because inertia and steering response feel a bit fake.

Basically I'm happy with this game and upcoming content. The base is fantastic but many work to do for Codies!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oops

Premium Member

What he said :p
    But seriously it make some difference thanks Msportdan

Really beginning to like this game :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. This makes a big difference many thanks and much appreciated guys.
  14. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Wow... just. Brilliant, the whole game is even more alive now.

Codemasters should make this the default and then we are talking spot on.
  15. MrPix

Project Immersion

I got really excited when reading this as I had made some progress lastnight with some edits to the file... but alas...unfortunately, no real change here. The lateral steering forces / grip are still inverted for my CSWv2 so any other effect is swamped :(
  16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Same here, I was really excited now, but it still impossible to feel anything, I also, for fun, tried to let go of the wheel right after I had put the car in a slide, and started to correct it, it started to turn with the corner (and slide again) not opposite lock.
    I still don't feel if the tires are locked or not, either. I had more luck with just what Oscar told me last night...

But nice to see that it works for some! :)
  17. Hi,

If you have Dirt 3, .. copy it's effectsetup.xml into Dirt Rally.

Works much better than the default one. Plenty of effects at the center.

I did have to add this line, .. to the beginning of the file, as it felt like there was no proper centering.

<FFBEffectSelfAligningTorque device="wheel" scale="1.0"/>

.. you can increase to suit, .. I currently have it at 1.5.

There may be a setting or settings to sort this out in the Dirt 3 Effects file, .. but I really didn't feel like tweaking, .. until the cows come home.

Lots of effects, .. including the gear shift, .. which you may have to tweak down.

18. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

i think the latest update screwed this up somehow. Because if you copy the identiacl suspension values as the fix for the pulling right effect, now i lose all the ffb again.Only way is to keep the original suspension values, but change to pad.
  19. Update? .. what update? .. there hasn't been any update(s) at all.

I tried your method, .. it didn't really work, .. so, I tried my Dirt 3 FFB file.

Works well enough, .. until the Devs fix the FFB stuff.

20. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

this tweak was in my original fix, this line is already in the the file called device in FFB. Didnt think it was needed as my fx strengthened all the ffb up.