• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

FFB Bug with CrewChief

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by tlsmikey, Feb 19, 2017.

1. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +98
    Just a heads up. I noticed with the latest update what I thought was a pretty remarkable update in FFB and then it went away. I haven't isolated it completely, but it looks like if I start CrewChief first and then open AC through steam or SimExperience the FFB goes away. There's still plenty of resistance in wheel but curbs, understeer...nothing is felt in the form of feedback. It's like driving with 100% clipping with FFB.

If I reboot, it comes back to normal as long as I start CrewChief after starting up the game. I'll keep troubleshooting, but just a heads up for everyone else.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sportcorp

Sportcorp

Ratings:
    +0
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +38
    That's a bit worrying. At a guess, I'd say it's something to do with the input device scanning the app does when it starts, to allow the user to map buttons to actions.

Tracking down problems in this is always a bit tricky but one possibility is to scan for devices only on-request, rather than on every start up.

I'll do some fiddling later. It's very odd that this only started happening with AC 1.12. it certainly suggests there's been a change in behaviour at their end, and perhaps crew chief needs to accommodate this change somehow

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +38
    Morten - I've implemented a workaround on the master branch (at least, I hope it's a workaround). If it looks OK it can be in the next CC release