FF1 2015

Cars FF1 2015 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
great looking mod...but a little slippery lol

I'm trying to play it without any aids, and so did the normal stuff like lower rear ARB, and tyre pressures, lesssen the stiffness of the springs in the rear too to make it more controllable under throttle...

Would be great if somebody could share a setup of this beast.

edit: the two that comes with the mod are good for starters.

regards

Kobus

Last edited:
I am loving this mod, from the car models, the sound (thanks NeverKrash) and the handling it is amazing to me that this is a mod and not a full blown retail release. The cars look great and that sound even though in real life I am not a fan, I just find it totally addictive going up and down the gears. The handling is some of the best as well. The cars behave in a totally convincing way and the information of what the car is doing even through my low end wheel is really well done.

Only two things that I think could maybe need tweaking are the FFB seems a bit strong, have to set it to about 50% in the car generic settings otherwise it's full on clipping and the different tyre set colours don't seem to load immediately when setting off, it takes a few seconds for your installed preference to load.

Thanks again cant wait to see what you have for us next:)

The handling is some of the best as well. The cars behave in a totally convincing way and the information of what the car is doing even through my low end wheel is really well done.
Its the opposite for me. I think the handling is terrible. If you want to treat it as some sort of challenge mod then I guess its pretty good but as for simulating an F1 car its extremely poor. The cars are ludicrously fast on the straights even with high downforce and have very low grip especially in low speed corners. Braking distances are too long and the car wants to spin everytime it touches a kerb or a bump on the track. Admittedly this could be fixed by setup changes but I dont have the time to sit around all day tweaking :(

All of that said I did enjoy the car model and sounds I just think the physics need a lot of work.

There seems to be a real difference of opinion with this mod, to me it feels pretty planted even at low speed. I feel like I know how the car is going to behave in certain circumstances so that means I can concentrate on getting my lap times down. The braking distances seem okay for me.

I had planned on running this and the Formula extreme cars in Game stock car tonight to see how they compare. I will post what I think, as they are trying to do similar things you would hope they are pretty similar.

I am not disagreeing with you at all, it's just strange how feels totally different for the people posting in this thread.

There seems to be a real difference of opinion with this mod, to me it feels pretty planted even at low speed. I feel like I know how the car is going to behave in certain circumstances so that means I can concentrate on getting my lap times down. The braking distances seem okay for me.

I had planned on running this and the Formula extreme cars in Game stock car tonight to see how they compare. I will post what I think, as they are trying to do similar things you would hope they are pretty similar.

I am not disagreeing with you at all, it's just strange how feels totally different for the people posting in this thread.
I've got to agree with your opening sentence, I'm running default setup and they feel very good.
F1 cars need precise handling so maybe roughness could be the issue. I think the GSCE FE cars are superb so I'll be interested in your report.

It still feels too bouncy over bumps and curbs (on Nurburgring it's terrible).

Looking at the aero app there's also something weird, the car is always running at a slight negative angle of attack, even though i'm going all out to make the setup lower in the front end.

It still feels too bouncy over bumps and curbs (on Nurburgring it's terrible).

Looking at the aero app there's also something weird, the car is always running at a slight negative angle of attack, even though i'm going all out to make the setup lower in the front end.

Yeah I think this is the main problem. Spa turn 1 is another corner where it feels like the car wants to hop constantly through the corner and especially the exit. I think the physics balance needs to be readressed. Less top speed, less bouncing and slightly more grip in low speed. Note that I am not saying to make it easier I just think the car is extremely slow in the corners for a 2015 F1 spec car. It honestly feels like driving a Caterham with a rocket engine atm.

Just done a comparison with the Formula Extreme's in game stock car as although both are not official Bernie content they are designed with F1 in mind as it is now. Results below.

Track: Silverstone
Tyres: Soft compound
10 Laps of fuel
No DRS used

Laptimes:
FF1 2015 - 1.39.486
F Extreme - 1.37.896

Top Speed Hanger straight:
FF1 2015 - 193 MPH
F Extreme - 201 MPH

Onboards

FF1 2015

Formula Extreme

In terms of feel the F Extreme felt trickier to drive but faster a bit more on a knife edge than the FF1 2015.

Braking distances seemed pretty even, in that not much adjustment mentally was needed from one to the other.

Acceleration felt fairly similar as well, the FF1 2015 maybe slightly less nervous at lower speeds.

Overall I like both in there own way although very similar they have there own nuances which is to be expected as they are different sims for starters.

Game Stock Car Formula Extreme was designed by a team of renowned professional physics experts that the car is built on their own game engine (modified gmotor2).

FF1 2015 was built by a small team of amateur modders (in the nicest possible way) for them to get anyway close to Formula Extreme is a major achievement, tbh I may even enjoy it more. For that I have no complaints at all with the handling and I think we should be massively thankful of this mod.

Last edited:
For those who are having issues with low speed grip, make sure the tyre warmers are turned on in the realism options. I did not have them on at first and it was like driving a merry-go-round. Plus I remember hearing that until spa and monza several teams were running as much rear wing as possible, so the lack of rear downforce is a real thing.

I've noticed that this mod works best if the wheel is set to 900 degrees. Also remove gamma filter and speed sensitive steering or you will lose low speed turning. I have a DFGT

Top Speed Hanger straight:
FF1 2015 - 193 MPH
F Extreme - 201 MPH

Are you sure thats correct? I was reaching 210+ mph at Barcelona with fairly high wings.

EDIT: just seen this is without DRS. Maybe the DRS is too powerful then?

After a bit more testing I still think the low speed grip needs to be improved. Note I am not saying it needs to be easier I just think it needs to be "faster" It takes an age to rotate the car at the moment.

EDIT2: Found a setup that improves the car immeasurably. Not sure why the default is so bad

Last edited:
Are you sure thats correct? I was reaching 210+ mph at Barcelona with fairly high wings.

EDIT: just seen this is without DRS. Maybe the DRS is too powerful then?

After a bit more testing I still think the low speed grip needs to be improved. Note I am not saying it needs to be easier I just think it needs to be "faster" It takes an age to rotate the car at the moment.

EDIT2: Found a setup that improves the car immeasurably. Not sure why the default is so bad
Can you share the link to setup?

NeverKrash updated FF1 2015 with a new update entry:

Minor fixes from feedback

These changes will affect grip, for the better. By having a fraction less grip on power and turning, the car should be interesting to drive. Force-feedback being too high in the first version has been addressed too here.

Changelog v1.1: Tyre compounds should feel different, tyre calculations improved for less grip, minor suspension value change, suspension damage values added, force-feedback improved, new camera positions, lower DRS performance, small change to gear ratios.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update, totally addictive mod. Feels very nice through the wheel, tyre and set up changes feel more noticeable, more chuckable at low speed. A real pleasure to put in some laps with thanks again NeverKrash and the team.

I loved the first version and I love it more since the update.
Truely a fantastic mod, the car seems so alive. So controllable and forgiving to a point.
Great work from the team and many thanks for this

i seem to have some fps issues running this mod, it does run at roughly 60 fps, but regularly skips 2-3 frames, sometimes even freezes for half a second. I haven't had any problems with this in any other car, and i even turned of AF and AA, but no luck.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back