1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Few questions

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Michael Karlovitz, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Let me start off by saying that this game is a ton of fun. If it had little better graphics i dont think i'd stop playing. That being said i have some questions as a newbie.
    Does the Ai ever get any DNF's? I've raced three races and all 25 cars have finished every lap on 25 min races. Now i know this isn't enough races to come to a conclusion but i'd just like to know going forward.
    Second my pitting seems strange, I have my pitstop setup for no gas and only tires. I'll pull in it says 15 seconds estimated pit time, but for some reason i end of having a 25 second stop. Happened all three times now. The AI seems to be in and out. Anyways this game is really fun and i really like how the AI battle with each other. I've seen a few crashes but they never seem to have to pit and always finish the race. Im sure i have more questions but i thought i'd throw these few out there.

Thanks

2. bump.
    same issues here.
    however, i dont have a 25 sec stop, i have the same estimated 15 sec but always have 18 sec. you might need to request your pit stop first. but still, +3 sec is a lot to lose.

3. yeah i read something about that. So do you request a pit the lap before you want to pit? That will assure your pit crew is ready? Pretty cool feature if thats true.

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Hey guys,

while I haven't played too much single player (2 seasons, IIRC), AI DNFs are indeed kinda rare - I don't recall whether I experienced any during the WTCC season, however, there were a few in the STCC season. So, while rare, they do exist :)

About the pit stops - as Dennis lined out over here, there are a few obstacles in automatic pitting (which would, at least, explain "your" three seconds, Joe - a whopping 10 seconds seem a bit too much, unless it's a mod track, that is - those are known to cause even more problems ;)), so you might wanna switch to manual pit stops :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks Bjorn

6. I forgot actually, that there were quite a few DNFs in the STCC championship that I did. About 2 or 3 every race.
    The automatic pit stop probably does contribute to the 18 sec stop.