Few questions...

Wow... This sim feels great. :inlove: FFB is incredible and the physics feels superb. Had some issues with performance but managed to get it decent with sync GPU, and i cant see input lag so thats great. Cant wait for DX11 improvements to performance! Some questions though:

1. Rain effect on the windscreen exist? Wipers on the cars worked first time i tested to drive, but later on when i pressed the wiper button again they wont work. Dont know why. Of course if there is no rain effect on the window it doesnt really matter hehe, but since i saw them work the first time i thought rF2 must have rain effects on the window. I have graphic effects on HIGH.

2. When i fired the sim up after installing it i had no cars or tracks. I download some cars and tracks through workshop and finally had 2 tracks and a couple cars. Question: does rF2 not come with tracks and cars or do you have to download all ISI content through the workshop?

3. Does rF2 have a triple screen bezel value somewhere like AC's triple screen app where you can negate the bezels. Right now i have to put the monitors next to each other instead of moving the side monitors behind the middle monitor so it gives a much smaller frame gap.

Cheers & Merry Xmas! :)

Cheers guys. No, i had to download everything 1 by 1 in workshop. But its cool. All done now. :)

BTW are there any nice apps/widgets or are there a "dynHUD" editor like in AMS? I kinda miss a "delta" bar and it would be nice to have more stylized modern widgets than the default ones. I did see 1 in workshop, but thought maybe you rF2 guys know of more and better hud's.

It did it for me automatically. I just started rf2 and then there was the workshop download and then I got all the auto-subscription notifications and it downloaded all the stuff. Strange it didn't do that for you....
Yep. I had nothing. Nada. Zip. Imagine my surprise... Bought rF2 - went in to test a combo - YOU HAVE NO CARS OR TRACKS. :D Then i learned rF2 comes with nothing (so to speak), but that you have to download all the content. By hand or if you are lucky, automatically. But its all good now. :)

Also im so happy because no matter the sync/no sync option i had stutter and under 60FPS. Then i tested to turn off sync in rF2 and turn on adaptive vsync in nvidia control panel plus frames ahead = 1, and now rF2 is 60FPS super fluid.

Last bit is to tailor the HUD. I dont want unrealistic stuff, but delta and some other simple good looking goodies like gear/speed for example. Gonna test @Naish link to a delta app. :)

Thanks guys.

Bought rF2 - went in to test a combo - YOU HAVE NO CARS OR TRACKS. :D Then i learned rF2 comes with nothing (so to speak), but that you have to download all the content. By hand or if you are lucky, automatically. But its all good now.

Normally rF2 steam comes with a 10 Gb download: all stock content included. Subscription to the stock content is automaticly done. So i'm surprised you needed to subscribe to these items yourself.

@Marcel Offermans , has this been changed?

BTW: Steam was down for a while yesterday. Maybe that was the cause???

Normally rF2 steam comes with a 10 Gb download: all stock content included. Subscription to the stock content is automaticly done. So i'm surprised you needed to subscribe to these items yourself.

I just installed rF2 for the first time myself & after downloading a 10 GB file (I have a 1.3 mbps internet speed) all I had was the base game. No content at all. Then out of the blue it started downloading all the workshop content. I have no idea what was in the 10 GB file. Been downloading content for almost two days now & have yet to turn a lap.

**UPDATE**

Think I figured it out. I located a folder called "cache" in my rF2 directory & it noticed it had all the content I was missing. I noticed the extensions on the files were ".rfcmp.cache" so I removed the ".cache" & renamed the file folder to "Packages" & now all the stock rF2 content is installing.

Last edited:
BTW are there any nice apps/widgets or are there a "dynHUD" editor

1. Here is the TrackMap plugin, highly customisable analog of DynHUD:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/trackmapplugin-v0-96-32bit-64bit.46781/
There are some issues caused by this "must have" plugin, but the benefits overweight significantly.

2. The spotter plugin is also very nice:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-spotter-plugin.45948/
Alternative sounds to the above spotter plugin:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/spotter-plugin-sound-pack-2-0.53614/
and
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/single-player-sound-pack-for-rf2-spotter.53439/

3. Data Acquisition for Motec Plugin (DAMPlugin)
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/damplugin-for-rf2.49363/

4. Delta best
See the post above from Naish.

@Gijs van Elderen that has not been changed, except for the fact that the USF2000 and Nissan GT500 are not in the cache anymore. My guess is this was caused by the downtime of Steam, since rFactor 2 tries to subscribe to all that content in the cache so it shows up correctly in the workshop. No doubt that failed. To be honest we did not anticipate this long downtime of Steam. I'll give it some thought.

Thanks @Anatoliy Tkachenko :)

Does CrewChief work in rF2 perhaps? I already have it. EDIT: Saw its only for rF1.

@Gijs van Elderen Thanks, yep i saw those gear apps and speedometers, but i have worked with graphics almost all my life and im a bit picky so i wanted some cleaner (minimalistic) widgets. Did Reiza create the DynHUD editor or does it come from rF from the beginning? Thought maybe a widget editor exist for rF2 as well. Especially, can you move widgets where you want them? So far i have tested those that we have and i downloaded the wedge and i want to move them a bit on screen.

Does anyone have an idea about the wipers and rain effect on windscreen i asked? Just funny wipers worked when i first started the sim and after that time they wont ever work again. Of course if rain dont mess with your view they arent needed, but just curious if wipers work for you guys and if you even have rain effects on the windscreen while driving? If you do then i guess my installation is messed up and it would be nice to know.

Thanks for all the info.

Last edited:
No rain effects on windshield but i hear it's in the future!
Thanks mate! :) Does your wipers work though? I keep testing them and they just wont work lol. But NVM. I got everything setup now and its great. The wedge widgets are awesome. Didnt know they would "fix" the standard look of the LCD as well and make them tighter and better looking. Everything looks minimalistic and clean. Neato.

Man, this sim... I have a big smile from ear to ear and i cant understand how awesome it is. FFB picks up on everything and the physics feels correct in the way that i am scared of the higher powered - no aids - cars. Just like i would be in real life. :thumbsup: Had a blast with the new Nissan on Oulton Park International and enjoying the animated bits on the tracks. Like that modern flag system with light boxes, and the marshall's underneath them waving their flags. Superb. :)

Thought maybe a widget editor exist for rF2 as well.
TrackMap plugin has a lot of telemetry and other widgets/ It allows to:
- Show/hide any widget to ensure you have only those sets you need.
- Place any widget on any place of the screen by either drag and drop or editing configuration files.
- Change size, disign of widgets (you could create your own pictures of any widget and replace default ones).
- Create your own widets.
- Have several configurations, for example one for Open wheels and another for GT cars.
- Have different configurations for practice, qualy and race.

By the way, If I remember correctly the same plugin exists for RF1, but has different name: "GID". I'm not 100% sure though.

TrackMap plugin has a lot of telemetry and other widgets/ It allows to:
- Show/hide any widget to ensure you have only those sets you need.
- Place any widget on any place of the screen by either drag and drop or editing configuration files.
- Change size, disign of widgets (you could create your own pictures of any widget and replace default ones).
- Create your own widets.
- Have several configurations, for example one for Open wheels and another for GT cars.
- Have different configurations for practice, qualy and race.

By the way, If I remember correctly the same plugin exists for RF1, but has different name: "GID". I'm not 100% sure though.
Thank you for all the info. Appreciated. :)

BTW i installed the spotter (super!) and its working great apart from the driver names. Dont know why they are not working. Spotter says "...... is first", "...... did the fastest lap". I installed it (spotter folder) as the readme said here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Spotter\Sounds\Drivers

Maybe its not correct? Everything else works.

Side note to anyone: do you know what the orange circle is that shows up at the bottom of the screen when going through corners? Looks like some G-forces thing? It goes over all my 3 monitors lol. :D No idea what it is.

BTW i installed the spotter (super!) and its working great apart from the driver names. Dont know why they are not working. Spotter says "...... is first", "...... did the fastest lap". I installed it (spotter folder) as the readme said here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Spotter\Sounds\Drivers
Maybe its not correct? Everything else works.

I don't use drivers' names, so cannot answer. Address your question to TheLeadWolf here:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/single-player-sound-pack-for-rf2-spotter.53439/

Side note to anyone: do you know what the orange circle is that shows up at the bottom of the screen when going through corners? Looks like some G-forces thing? It goes over all my 3 monitors lol. :D No idea what it is.

Those are the addition to the spotter and appear when your opponents are next to your car (left/right/behind). You could modify config to reduce the radius of movement of those circles, so that you could see them on the centeral screen only. If I remember correctly it is possiblу to switch them off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back