1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Few questions about painting for iRacing (aka .tga files)

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Marko Buhin, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Okay, i have a question for all those painters we have here :) i'm not so experienced with painting cars for iRacing (exporting in .tga), and the difference that rFactor (.dds) is that i cant control glossy effect. as on .dds you could have alpha channels and by its color (white to black) controll glossiness. So, question no.1 is: Can i paint cars to have MATT colors?

Due to skinning in iR is actually bad, can we use higher res templates (as i tried last night), as on 1024x1024 i put a logo on the car and you cant even read it (what because bad coloring, what because low-res)?

And other question will come up when i get to them... anyway, hope that someone can asnwer me :confused:

2. I think the rez that they are at now is as high as they go, also I have not tried it but I do not think that we can do anything with the alpha channels in iRacing... I'll look into it but I don't think we can.

3. i've been trying but had no effect. as black looks more like dark blue with this glossiness ... i hope that they will work on that. i'll send them email about it asking both questions :) will post their reply here