• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Few general questions about rf2 skinning/modding

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by PeterUnlustig#, Jan 27, 2017.

1. PeterUnlustig#

PeterUnlustig#

Ratings:
    +34
    Hi everybody, i have rf2 new and i want to build my own race series (RaceEvent -> 24h of Nürburgring). I just want the cars in the series I painted by myself, not all of the cars of this class.
    So I tried to create a race series at the "installed" Folder but this doesnt work :(
    (I take a Race Series and changed a few Parameters -> the cars and the amount of cars and the track)

my question: how can I make a RaceEvent?

next question: how can I make a Skin with .VEH data. So that I can give a Team Name and a discription to the car?

thanks ;)

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,374
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554544322

With new .veh files you need to create a new teams.mas and repack the car.

To create new addon AI: with drivername, car number, car discription, teamname:
    An advantage is that if the car recieves an update, these addon AI will use the new updated version.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-skinning-tutorial.105993/

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  3. PeterUnlustig#

PeterUnlustig#

Ratings:
    +34
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PeterUnlustig#

PeterUnlustig#

Ratings:
    +34
    I have another question.. in rf1 it was no problem to change the car model by changing the .mas and the gmt's in it. Is it possible to grab a .mas data with all the car model gmt's and put it in rf2? I mean it is the same type of data (gmt) isn't it? And all gmt's are packed in a .mas. It is the same system in both games. Is this possible? Or in general to grab a rf1 .mas and put it in rf2 car folder and rename it?