Festive Fun at the R3E Race Club

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
At the moment the R3E race club will wind up for the holidays on Sunday 20th December 2015 and resume on January 10th 2016.
However if there's an interest I thought about a couple of special club races to take place on the two Sundays in between.
On Sunday 27th December 2015
Group 5 @ Spa 1 hour race with a pit stop and tyre wear.
Sunday 3rd January 2016
Suggestions please, possibly Audi TT if they are out, not GT3 please as we race them normally.

Any other suggestions for festive fun this is the thread to post them in.

Sad news, looks like the CSW will be getting sent back. Neither of my rims fit securely on the base and they wobble around like they're going to fall off. :O_o::cautious::( Hopefully they'll just send out a new one and I won't have to jump through too many hoops, but there's clearly something defective here. Oh well.
I noticed on ISR they showed the rim and said it had changed to a plastic release. Of course I'm with @4 8 15 16 23 42 108 surely the build quality at that price should be of a high standard I mean I've had my G25 for about 8 years, I think it was a Christmas pressie just after it first came out and it still works fine, never a hiccup. No wonder you're disappointed I'd also be rather mad.

I noticed on ISR they showed the rim and said it had changed to a plastic release. Of course I'm with @4 8 15 16 23 42 108 surely the build quality at that price should be of a high standard I mean I've had my G25 for about 8 years, I think it was a Christmas pressie just after it first came out and it still works fine, never a hiccup. No wonder you're disappointed I'd also be rather mad.

What I've heard is the CSL has a different connector because it's going to be compatible with an upcoming CSL base that will not use the quick-release connector. So it's just a plastic tube with a metal collar around it that holds a screw. But that's not the issue here because the Formula rim has the robust quick-release connector and it behaves exactly the same way. Any item can have a manufacturing defect, I just happened to get one with a defect so I'm not cross or upset about it yet. It will depend on how they respond and rectify it whether I get upset about it, but right now being pissy with them isn't going to do me any favors so I'll stay cool for the time being.

To be fair, the G25/27 is a much less complicated device which means there's fewer things to go wrong. And my G27 only lived for about a year and a half before it croaked, and that was due to a known defect (plastic encoder wheel) that can affect any G27 and many others suffered the same fate, so they're not all bulletproof. Most of the reports I've seen suggest the V2 should be fairly robust and reliable so I'm cautiously optimistic that once I get a good one it should last a while.

Did I just jinx myself?? :cautious: :laugh:

Good news! Turns out the Allen screws inside the column/snout on the base were loose. I finally found an Allen wrench that fit them, tightened them up and now there's no more wobble! So, I think everything is good now.

Bad news, I don't think I'll be able to make the race today. An old college buddy is in town and said he's going to stop by this afternoon right around the time when the race is starting.

Why not Cats and Mice?
There hasn't been much enthusiasm shown for the idea Andreas, I can try it on a BM server and let people know, but as I said in a previous post to Piotrek finding time to commit to anything this week is difficult. Children, grandchildren and great grandchildren take precedence at this time of the year.
Give me the details for the cars and setup and I'll see what I can do.:)

Great idea :D.Cats use GTR3 and mouse use Audi TT.
We will just let it be. Without many people willing and attending, it's not much of a use.
Maybe not this week coming but let me work something out for the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't think you'll need big numbers to have some fun with this. I need to think of how to make it work in the R3E environment. Plus that gives me time to tag people with a little bit of advanced notice.

Maybe not this week coming but let me work something out for the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't think you'll need big numbers to have some fun with this. I need to think of how to make it work in the R3E environment. Plus that gives me time to tag people with a little bit of advanced notice.

Ah cat&mouse, good fun. We used to this with minis and BMW in R07 here, couple of times a year. 1/4 mouse/cats per team and two teams is perfect amount of players, so ten in total should do. Track has to be short and have good track barriers.. If the cat&mouse have weight difference, it is a bonus. I think we used heavier car as mouse and that worked fine.

Ah cat&mouse, good fun. We used to this with minis and BMW in R07 here, couple of times a year. 1/4 mouse/cats per team and two teams is perfect amount of players, so ten in total should do. Track has to be short and have good track barriers.. If the cat&mouse have weight difference, it is a bonus. I think we used heavier car as mouse and that worked fine.
Thanks for the extra info, I'm going to trial it on Backmarkers so will tag you and @4 8 15 16 23 42 108 when I'm sorted.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 294 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%