Festive Fun at the R3E Race Club

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
At the moment the R3E race club will wind up for the holidays on Sunday 20th December 2015 and resume on January 10th 2016.
However if there's an interest I thought about a couple of special club races to take place on the two Sundays in between.
On Sunday 27th December 2015
Group 5 @ Spa 1 hour race with a pit stop and tyre wear.
Sunday 3rd January 2016
Suggestions please, possibly Audi TT if they are out, not GT3 please as we race them normally.

Any other suggestions for festive fun this is the thread to post them in.

Santa just arrived!!! :D:D:D

image.jpg

As someone who used to have to deal with those calls I disapprove but I can understand.:D

I'm not really, I have too much work to do and my unused vacation days (which we get paid for at the end of the year) are financing the CSW so I don't want to burn any of them. I'll sure be trying to sneak out a little early if the work load permits it though!

Awesome you consider doing Cats and Mice. What you need for this is: Two different cars, the slower one being rather easy to drive. A loooong track. Team skins (3 or 4 teams are possible). Damage off. Other clubs did it with a Mini and a touring/stock car. I know we don't have custom skins, but could use car numbers 1-4 accordingly. Just remember which number not to attack, everything else is opposition. Mice start a few seconds earlier. Only concern is a long track. Macau doesn't fit in due to the layout. Spa is not that long. Doing more laps maybe? Ah yes, goal is to have your mouse finish first of the mice. Cats are protecting and hunting down.

Awesome you consider doing Cats and Mice. What you need for this is: Two different cars, the slower one being rather easy to drive. A loooong track. Team skins (3 or 4 teams are possible). Damage off. Other clubs did it with a Mini and a touring/stock car. I know we don't have custom skins, but could use car numbers 1-4 accordingly. Just remember which number not to attack, everything else is opposition. Mice start a few seconds earlier. Only concern is a long track. Macau doesn't fit in due to the layout. Spa is not that long. Doing more laps maybe? Ah yes, goal is to have your mouse finish first of the mice. Cats are protecting and hunting down.
What about Bathurst or Salzburgring would they work?

Every track will work basically, as there is not much fuss about it. Just destruction derby. Question is: Would it be fun? And I say yes to both tracks. Two laps Bathurst seems most appropriate, but walls for a big part there. You want to push people to the grass hehe

But I must admit that it doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea either.
Deliberately crashing into other cars......?
Nah, I can do that at work. :D
Well to be fair to Andreas, I did ask for suggestions for fun events. It's a pity we don't have a ROC layout in the game that would allow us to do something different. Before we dismiss the idea I wonder if we could adapt it into a racecraft skills event. Something to think about.

Brandon, I really can't believe all your high expensive equipment has malfunctions. In this price class, how can that be possible? I use my G25 without issues since before 2009!

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing. My cheap, three year old GT3 RS is still going strong but both of my expensive wheels were pretty much defective from the get-go. I've emailed Fanatec about the issue, hopefully they resolve it quickly.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years