Ferrari to receive more prize money than Red Bull?!

It´s random BS from Bernie again. I think we all understand that there will be less european tracks as there are more and more events being held in new countries etc. The track schedule can only be so long you know.

But with that said, the tracks themselves have a history of their own and don´t exactly depend on F1.

The older European tracks don't generate any money. That's why they're not important to Bernie.
New tracks are paying Bernie $30 - 40m to host each race.

Tracks like Spa, Silverstone, Monza, etc can't afford to do that.

It´s random BS from Bernie again. I think we all understand that there will be less european tracks as there are more and more events being held in new countries etc. The track schedule can only be so long you know.

But with that said, the tracks themselves have a history of their own and don´t exactly depend on F1.

I don't talk about track but about home track.
For example, because for me it's a shame especially with the argument that Ferrari is in F1 history, the French GP.

First motor car race was "Paris-Rouen" (1894 if I remember well)
First GP (before F1) was "Grand-prix du mans" 1906
First GP in F1 (1950), Britsh GP, with French GP in calendar with "Grand prix de Reims"
Since 1950 French GP was in calendar on 7 different tracks, that not historic for the F1
Not enought as well :mad:

Now what's next, Belgian GP I suppose, an another country of automobile race :(

This:

The way the money is divided may sound unfair, but it's believed that almost all the teams on the grid back Ferrari's 2.5% bonus and insist it is included in the next Concorde Agreement as the manufacturers presence on the grid brings with it credibility, and therefore boosts the prize fund more so than it takes in 'extra' payments.

Explains a lot of it. If Ferrari were to see F1 uninteresting (or too expensive to keep) and abandoned the competition (such as Toyota did, or Renault) they would be just two cars less on the grid, for some people. For many other people the main icon of F1 would just vanish. I can ask my mother to tell me a formula 1 team, would you guess her answer? Ferrari. Try it with your grandmas, it also works.

The impact of Ferrari (and secondarily, Mclaren) disappearing from formula 1 would probably plummet the income from races, publicity, tv share... The rest may get a bigger piece of cake then, but the cake would be smaller. Would it really worth it for Red Bull, for example, to win the championship over Lotus-Renault and Force India?

Besides, this is a private agreement between teams. If they didn't like it they could also step out and leave Ferrari alone. Since they don't, it cannot be so abusive, can it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back