1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferrari reckons pit stops cannot get any faster.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Hampus Andersson, Apr 21, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
  2. They can definitely still work on consistency. Bad stops still happen all too often and if a wheel isn't attached properly, it really doesn't matter if the stop was only 2.5 seconds - in that case even a 10-second stop would have been better. But it seems to me that when it comes to pit stops, all teams are only striving for speed.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Personally I hope the tyrestops will change in the future. I really like the series that have to do a pit stop with only two mechanics. Would make F1 more a teamsport.

Why not forbid the wheel guns and let them change the tyres by hand?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Yes!
    The driver could jump out of the car for a few minutes like in the 50's, That would be great!
    EDIT: Watching GP2 and they only allow one mechanic per wheel, I think that's a good idea..
  5. Refuelling should be brought back aswell, although heavily looked upon to avoid cheating that can lead to dangerous situations... That way we'd had nicer looking cars, ending the "Limo" era...

Then like Bram said, two mechanics for the tyres and they would have to wait for the car to be refuelled before acting :)